New Friend! Diamond Watchman Goby

Congrats again Wonton.

Not to rain on your parade but he looks thin.I would turn the pumps off and squirt some mysis his/her way.

Congrats!! He looks really good in the photos. Nice shots. :)

Thanks...he's actually not shy at all. I can press my face right on the tank (which...I never do....cuz I'm not obsessed or anything :shock: ) and he won't swim away; just keeps on sifting.

Congrats again Wonton.

Not to rain on your parade but he looks thin.I would turn the pumps off and squirt some mysis his/her way.

Yeah, he is thin. But luckily, he's eating mysis like crazy and sifting the sand for the pellets I drop in. I've been monitoring him to make sure he's getting a good share of the food, and he has been. He's pickin' the biggest chunks the float by him :D

He's doing great, and as I've told people, he's cloudin' up my tank like crazy, but my skimmer's been workin' overtime, so I guess he's helpin' me clean house!

I used to have one of those back before I started my own tank. I loved him! We called him poop mouth! LOL! He was my favorite to watch!

They are cool fish but I tried them twice and both jumped through egg crate so I quit. Be careful with the caves they dig. My bigger one I had for awhile went to town and if your rocks weren't placed on the glass he'll under mine them. Mine were ok but I'd push some sand back into his hole when he would make a mountain.

They are cool fish but I tried them twice and both jumped through egg crate so I quit. Be careful with the caves they dig. My bigger one I had for awhile went to town and if your rocks weren't placed on the glass he'll under mine them. Mine were ok but I'd push some sand back into his hole when he would make a mountain.

Thanks for the warning about the egg crates, cuz that's what I am using now (the kind that you use for ceiling lights). Funny how they can slip through the gaps. I'm worried if I close it up any more the tank will be too dark. As it is, I have no lights on top now...just the room's recessed lighting.

Good luck with him wonton! I have had 2. First one went carpet surfing through the egg create. Second one under mined a rock I believe and then the serpent star went to town.

You got me thinking. If I had to try again I would make my tops out of the bird netting material that I currently have but add a second layer making a criss cross. Netting is still thin enough to let light in but will close the gaps.

Back