New from Oklahoma

Newbs64

Go Oilers!
Hi my name is cody. I am from Moore, OK. I'm new to the saltwater world and looking forward to learning a lot. I have been reading threads the past few days and seems like a awesome site. I have lots of questions, and from what I've read this far there are lots of people that will help me. My main thing right now is the ideal size for a reef tank. I wanted a 10 gallon, but I'm now wondering if a little bit bigger tank would be easier. I have no experience and want a tank, just need to learn more. Looking forward to this. Thanks -Cody

the bigger the tank the easier it is to keep and will stay more stable but also means more money in setup and up keep so all things to keep in mind and welcome to the site and ask away people are here to help

Hello and welcome!!

The bigger you can go the better off you'll be. If you don't have a lot of space a 29 is a great starter tank.

Thank you guys. Actually had my birthday yesterday and my wife the thoughtful women she is bought me a 29 gal tank. Now she is debating if we want to take it back a nd get a bow front. I've noticed a lot of people seem to keen to the bow front tanks. Are they a better view or what is the deal behind them?

It's a matter of personal preference. I happen to really like the bowfronts, but some people get headaches from looking at them.

It is hard to get the right flow w/o dead space. Aquascaping a wide center and norrow sides posses a little challenge. Some tend to "islandscape" to achieve optimal flow. If you are looking @ a bow front, this is when a reef ready tank is great. Otherwise, i would say it is a great tank this far for me!

Welcome to the site!

I am new to SW as well and the people here have been a TREMENDOUS help to me.

If you read my introduction thread, you will probably find a lot of answers to questions that you might have. The folks here have given me a LOT of help, answers to a load of questions and pointers to get up & running.

https://www.livingreefs.com/new-sw-want-reef-tank-t47548.html

I am currently filling my 125 gallon tank. It should be full by tomorrow. My RODI only produces 75 gallons of water per day.

Get the biggest tank you can with the biggest sump you have room for.

I didn't understand the whole purpose of a sump/fuge but I am waiting on my 40 gallon sump to come in. :bounce:

Check Craigslist for used tanks & stands. A lot of people give up on SW due to not understanding how it works and trying to run it like FW instead of how SW should be. I got a great deal on my 125 & stand from a friend in need of cash.

Good Luck and ask as many questions as you need to, no matter how stupid you may think the question is, the kind folks around here are extremely friendly and helpful!! You won't get flamed for silly questions here. At least I haven't, yet... :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site!

I am new to SW as well and the people here have been a TREMENDOUS help to me.

If you read my introduction thread, you will probably find a lot of answers to questions that you might have. The folks here have given me a LOT of help, answers to a load of questions and pointers to get up & running.

https://www.livingreefs.com/new-sw-want-reef-tank-t47548.html

I am currently filling my 125 gallon tank. It should be full by tomorrow. My RODI only produces 75 gallons of water per day.

Get the biggest tank you can with the biggest sump you have room for.

I didn't understand the whole purpose of a sump/fuge but I am waiting on my 40 gallon sump to come in. :bounce:

Check Craigslist for used tanks & stands. A lot of people give up on SW due to not understanding how it works and trying to run it like FW instead of how SW should be. I got a great deal on my 125 & stand from a friend in need of cash.

Good Luck and ask as many questions as you need to, no matter how stupid you may think the question is, the kind folks around here are extremely friendly and helpful!! You won't get flamed for silly questions here. At least I haven't, yet... :mrgreen:
Thanks Bud. Welcome as well I enjoy this forum a lot!

Back