New From Ontario, Canada!

CherryBlossom

Reefing newb
Hey guys, New to the forum from Ontario Canada! My name's Teri

I'm also new to the saltwater tanks, Just picked myself up a 29 gallon Bio cube tank! Going to start off with just setting it up with live rock and RO Water/Salt mix...

Any pointers & suggestions would be great! I'm looking to go the reef tank way...

I'm a very out-going person and have a strong passion for reptiles of all shapes and sizes!

It's a cold one up here today!

Can't wait to chat with everyone and get this tank started

Cheers,
Teri

Welcome to the site! im also live in Ontario.

just a little tip if u wanna save a bit of money, u can use majority dry rock and get a couple pieces of live rock to seed it. it will all become live eventually.

Hi i'm from Ontario too (Toronto). You should check out a couple of Ontario specific forums - GTAAQUARIA and THEFRAGTANK (SW ont.). Lots of livestock and hardward swaps and cheap buys.

welcome! I am curious to know what your TDS is out of the tap in Ontario????? Many Canadian water sources are incredibly pure and needing little filtering.

Total Dissolved Solids. Most of the water in metropolitan centres are chlorinated so we still have to have a RO/DI unit. When i do my water change this weekend - i'll rig my TDS metre to measure the intake water and let you know.

Back