new growth

mellowchef87

Reefing newb
I was checking the tank out this morning, and noticed something that lookes like 2 or 3 dime sized maroon leaves with a green stripe where the stem would be in a crevase on the bottom of one of my live rocks. I cant get a picture because of the location. Is it safe to take te rock out to examine it or would that hurt the other things that are on there?

Pulled it out and got some pictures. like i said i dont know what is good or bad yet, so any help would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20130413_130054.jpg
    20130413_130054.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 323
  • 20130413_130059.jpg
    20130413_130059.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 375
Cool thanks. Wasnt planning on corals till I got a bit more experienced, but I guess now is as good a time as any ;). Hopefully its got enough light under that rock.

Thanks guys. You know in the last month this has become like a major obsession. I cant wait to have the money to start a bigger tank. And you guys on there are awesome. I have been a member of this site for 2 days and i have already learned more thatn in a month of reading things online. Actually ive been reading here so much I have forgotten I wanted to do a water change for the last 2 days. good thing I have tomorrow off as well :D. And i just got a brittle star today. went straight to the rocks lol. hopefully it will come out some or at least give me an arm waiving around lol

I love mushroom corals they are some of my favorite of of the soft corals. From common shrooms to more complex colors and textures like pimply or hairy mushrooms to Ricordia Florida and Ricordia Yuma. I love them all :D

Back