New guy from the keys

2fastlx

Reefing newb
Hey all,
My name is John and I live in the Florida Keys. I've recently had the urge to get back into aquariums. I grew up having 10gal. tanks and eventually moved up to a 55. All my tanks were fish only that I collected all the fish and inverts for. I wish I knew what I do now after lurking on this forum for a few hours:frustrat: There were times when I had a handful of queen and french angels (all juveniles) living together great, and a banded coral shrimp or two for 6 months or more, only to have them all start dropping like flies within days. I now know that water changes would have probably saved me a lot of grief. Anyway, I have ordered a 46 gallon bow-front (biggest I could fit in the space available) to set up as fish only. I cant wait to get it up and running:mrgreen:

John

Welcome. I have to say Looe Key (off the coast from Ramrod key) was one of the best dives I ever did. In places like the keys you may be able to get a lot of free dry rock. People up here pay up to $6 a pound for it. I've seen the coral quarries in the keys and I was able to grab a lot of free dry rock from down there.

Back