New Guy!

srsevy

New but informed
Hello all,

I have been a long time fish tank hobbyist but am new to the Salt Water world. Recently I converted my families 120gal fresh water tank into a salt water tank. by converted, I mean I only kept the same tank, everything from the stand to the filtration system is new.

I have been running my tank for about 7months, so far it has been a fun and rewarding experience.

Note:
The picture below is a few months old.

P2251031.jpg

Just so you know,You just stepped into THE most addictive hobby on earth PLUS joined THE most addictive forums on the net.:D
Welcome aboard and you got a great start there.

Aww man u moved that big green anemone?? out of sight that thing looked awesome! Welcome to Living Reefs. :mrgreen:

Yeah its a small yellow tang, I also have a small blue hippo tang that you can sort of see in this shot.

As for the large anemone, For some reason it has been moving all over my tank. It crawled into my filter and survived. I got tired of it going back up there so I moved it to the other side of the tank and now its moving again... The rose anemone is doing fine, so I don't understand why that one has a death wish?

+1 Yote, this site is definitely too addictive XD

Also, you made the best choice ever by putting pictures up straight away! everyone here loves pictures, without them, it never happened! :P

Welcome :)

btw, an anenome that moves around the tank is an unhappy anenome. Check your water paramaters make sure there is enough light, because he can nuke your tank if your not careful!

Back