new here but i do have a few questions (pics inside)

Pics of the worm will definitely help. It's probably a harmless bristle worm.

LOL i beg to differ on that one!!! dont ever touch one... they hurt like the dickens!!! i've got a nice scar on my arm from one nabbin' me since i was carelessly moving rocks in my tank...

everyones got ya covered :) welcome to the site Warren!

thanks again guys. i also have another question

i cant seem to get my small rock with the little flowers on it to stay. something always ends up moving it and making them go inside the rock. so i asked a guy at one of the fish stores and he said i can use super glue. i am hesitant to put super glue on my live rock/coral. so is that ok, or what can i use to get it on there. tahnks!!!

Super glue gel is perfectly safe for gluing individual corals. It is safe to apply it and cure it under water, too. Be sure to use the gel, regular super glue is too watery. If you are wanting to stick a rock somewhere, you are better off using epoxy putty that you can find at the hardware store. Any kind of putty for indoor plumbing or potable water will be safe for your tank.

^sweet thanks!!!! after i got super glue all over my hands i got the coral in place adn its looking good!!! thanks agian guys and gals!!!

theres also a aquarium safe putty called "Hold Fast" that i use :) it makes things stick really well and i think it costs $12 for 1ft of the stuff :)

speaking of worms...I was at a lfs and I know there's a post about it somewhere, a 4' "reef worm" that was eating all the corals in this tank. I seen one of those for sale and man that thing looks like it came straight out of the depths of hell. At least the lfs marked in big bold letters NOT REEF SAFE!!!!! I laughed at myself thinking not hand safe either if that thing chewed through 20lb test either!

Back