New Here!!!

Jimmy1984

Reefing newb
Hi I am new here I started my saltwater tank a little after Hurricane Katrina flooded everything so I guess its about 2 years old or so but it kept my mind off of katrina and losing evrything so it was like very expensive theropy lol. This is my first saltwater aquarium ever and I am looking to get a 30 gal for my second.

Its a 12 Gal. Aqua Pod:

10 lbs. live rock
live sand
xenia
culerpa
red mushroom
assorted mushroom
1 serpent starfish
1 blue neon goby
2 ocelaris clowns
1 blue damsel
3 red leg hermitt crabs
6 blue leg hermitt crabs
7 snails
4 sand snails

DSCF0253.JPG

DSCF0252.JPG

Let me know what yall think thanks.

Jimmy

P.S. I have pics just don't know how to post them HELP

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! Feel free to ask any questions you might have. To post pics, you need to click on the "Photo Gallery" tab at the top, then click on the "Upload" tab, and follow the directions to upload the pictures into one of the galleries. To post pictures in your thread, copy and paste the "BB Code" into your thread. Hope this helps.

Hey Biffer,

I just joined up myself. I relocated to Memphis from Metairie after Katrina.

Lived in Lakeview, off canal at florida.

Had 5 aquariums myself, and lost everything.

I just ordered an AquaPod 24 gall. withthe 140 W metal halide lighting

Also ordered,

RO unit
UV sterilizer
In-line heater
Protein Skimmer

What add on's have you done with the 12 gal. Would be interested to see what you are using

NICE TANK BTW!!

hello and welcome you 2! you've come to the right place if you have questions that need answering, lots of good info and articles.

Thanks

Haven't really added to many things I just took it out the box and plugged it in lol. i Just do the normal maintnance like water changes and temperature stays in the 73-77 degree zone. Keep me posted on your tank can't wait to see it set up.

Hello and welcome to living reefs!!! The tank looks good, and yes it is expensive therapy but IMHO its worth it. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

wow ..awsome..that xenia is beautifull!!! man i wish my temp will stay around 77..here temp is a killer!!...nice tank jimmy i like it a lot...and welcome...you too law!!... hope you can post pics soon!!

Hi and welcome to the reef.
Great looking set up Jimmy.
We need to get Jimmy and Law together and have a livingreefs.com meeting.
I know for fact them Lousiana folks can get some cooking done.

Back