New here

berts4jr24112

Reefing newb
Hi everyone. New here but not totally to aquariums. I have had freshwater for more years off and on probably longer than most of you have been alive. With great success I should ad. Both my wife and I had both always wanted a saltwater tank. 4 yrs ago Thanksgiving she suggested we give ourselves 1 for Christmas. So began a long, expensive, learning experience. Was pretty sure the first trip to the LFS set tone for the first dose of anguish. What I got was put this sand and salt in the tank. Dump this bottle in. Then put your fish in tomorrow. Easy as that. Yeah Right. So I found out. After teaching ourselves online and through reading hours of forums and other websites I think we finally are getting somewhere. We have a 30gal 1/2 moon and 50# of live rock. With a pair of bonded clowns, 2 powder blue with yellow tail damsels, a dwarf coral beauty angel and a lawnmower blenny. All of them are over 2 yrs old, And a clean up crew. The water params are so tight I have not had to do a water change in over 2 yrs. Just top off. So I just set up a 55gal with 70# of live rock to do as a soft coral reef tank. Its in its 6th week of cycle right now. So it hopefully won't be long now. Everything is looking good right now except the nitrates are high and I started doing 15% water changes last weekend to bring those down. There is also a 30gal refuge in the works for it. I will be adding pics of both shortly. All comments and suggestions now and in the future are more than welcome.

Welcome aboard! You will find this to be a rather friendly site with plenty of folks willing to help out with any questions you have.

I can imagine... Although your pic doesn't show a lot of your face (I love the pic, btw) but you look very attractive. I guess you were going for a somewhat aloof & mysterious look, which worked, btw... Reminds me a lot of someone I once knew.

I love the Title as well, I almost spewed my coke when I first saw it. It's pretty original for a forum about fish. Probably not so much on the smutty sites but it definitely stands out here.

`ave a g'night. I am off to lala land. It is WAY past my bedtime... I should be getting up about this time, lol.

Back