New here

It's all good... I'm not looking for love, romance or anything else. Too old to break in a new one, too young to settle for an old one... Dealt with the Gold Diggers, Partiers, I need a Daddy for my kids, Not looking for Mr Right just Mr Right Now and the Oh, here's a sweet guy I can drain for everything and give nothing back to in ANY way types and most recently the Ooooh he has a house, 2 cars & is a giver but mommy doesn't approve because the house & cars aren't as nice as her's types. Was actually engaged to the last one, life was grand until her mom came up with her to visit one time and decided that I wasn't rich enough for her daughter and probably never would be, being a preacher in a little Church facing retirement due to disability, suddenly, the whole thing fell apart after her mommy went home.

At this point the only woman I want in my life is a maid. Who knows? Everyone says when you give up on looking for the right person, that's when you find them... So far, not proving true... Honestly, I don't really care any more. I'm happy living alone. I do what I want, when I want, I own my vehicles, My house will be paid off in a few years and the only payments I will have to make are to the electric company... When the house is paid off, the house payment money will go to providing Solar, Wind & Thermal energy production so I will have zero payments on anything (except auto & home insurance)... and I will still be able to do what I want whenever the mood strikes me... How many people can say that???

I look at friends/family that are married and all of the drama that entails and realize how happy I am with being single, retired, just me & my dog, cats & goat farm to worry about... The goats are a PITA but there is good money in raising them (They just drive me insane when they escape from the pens and go after my garden, flowers & fruit trees...)

I keep my own schedule, sleep when I feel like it, go see whomever I want when I want to and have no one nagging me about where I'm going, when I'll be back, calling/texting me every five minutes, griping about what I spend my money on like an overpriced hobby such as a 125 gallon Saltwater Aquarium... or my boat... 8) My dog hates to see me leave but is Always excited and happy to see me when I get home.

To all of you poor married saps, you have my pity... I have my freedom :^: in all aspects of life and enjoy it, immensely.

Now having said that... I'm sure a troll in disguise will come along to ruin all of that freedom...
BTW, It's the long red hair, draped over the face... It leaves a lot to the imagination. Just so you know...

Sorry to berts4jr24112 for us hijacking your thread... At least you get a look at the wackiness that goes on around here....

Meh... No worries, love...

It started out as me trying to say I wasn't trying to get anything started. I was just saying that I find you attractive in your pic...

I am single and happy to be so... Every woman I have ever had a relationship was either looking for what they could get out of me or someone with more money who was a bigger sucker than I am.

One day I MAY find someone who will treat me the same way I treat them. I am a very sweet & giving person who so far has been taken advantage of because I am the eager to please kind, willing to do just about anything for the one I care about, placing their wants/needs above my own with little concern for myself simply because I love them.

I can't see the bad in people until it is too late. I see the good in people or the goodness they pretend to have, without realizing I am getting nothing in return emotionally other than being played...

I treat a woman I love like a queen, doing anything & everything for them out of love only to realize too late that I am a sucker... I don't know why I never see it when it is happening. I guess I don't want to see it, I only want to see the good in people and it blinds me to the reality of the situation... You would think I would eventually learn.

As my favorite saying goes, "Even a Lab Rat learns after a few jolts..."

I gave up on true love... it only exists in my head/heart and fairy-tales. I've come to accept that I will never find a woman who will love me the way I love her. Ms Right isn't out there and I don't want another Ms Right Now... I'm sure I will fall for the wrong woman yet again, eventually.

I turned 40 a few months ago and honestly, I don't expect to find Ms Right any more. I quit looking but will never quit hoping... I am a hopeless romantic and somewhat old-fashioned, I guess.

I despise the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers that treat women like crap, even abuse them. Especially when the women they treat like dirt are good people and co-dependent on their abusers, whether the abuse is physical, mental, emotional, verbal or what have you. I will never understand why women put up with the abuse I see running rampant when there are still a few of us poor schleps out here who would never dream of that kind of behavior.

Why are the good women attracted to abusive men, while the sharks seem to track me down like a moth to the flame? Life is screwy. I've been told countless times that I treat women too good, even by some of the ones who have used me for all they could...

To the women who think there are no good men left, you are wrong. If you want someone who will treat you right, forget the jock type and find a geek/nerd/square (like me) and see what you've been missing... I know there are some good women out there, somewhere. I just seem to be chum for sharks rather than attracting a decent, good-hearted woman.

Anyhow, this is so way off topic that its ridiculous...

Meh... No worries, love...

It started out as me trying to say I wasn't trying to get anything started. I was just saying that I find you attractive in your pic...

I am single and happy to be so... Every woman I have ever had a relationship was either looking for what they could get out of me or someone with more money who was a bigger sucker than I am.

One day I MAY find someone who will treat me the same way I treat them. I am a very sweet & giving person who so far has been taken advantage of because I am the eager to please kind, willing to do just about anything for the one I care about, placing their wants/needs above my own with little concern for myself simply because I love them.

I can't see the bad in people until it is too late. I see the good in people or the goodness they pretend to have, without realizing I am getting nothing in return emotionally other than being played...

I treat a woman I love like a queen, doing anything & everything for them out of love only to realize too late that I am a sucker... I don't know why I never see it when it is happening. I guess I don't want to see it, I only want to see the good in people and it blinds me to the reality of the situation... You would think I would eventually learn.

As my favorite saying goes, "Even a Lab Rat learns after a few jolts..."

I gave up on true love... it only exists in my head/heart and fairy-tales. I've come to accept that I will never find a woman who will love me the way I love her. Ms Right isn't out there and I don't want another Ms Right Now... I'm sure I will fall for the wrong woman yet again, eventually.

I turned 40 a few months ago and honestly, I don't expect to find Ms Right any more. I quit looking but will never quit hoping... I am a hopeless romantic and somewhat old-fashioned, I guess.

I despise the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers that treat women like crap, even abuse them. Especially when the women they treat like dirt are good people and co-dependent on their abusers, whether the abuse is physical, mental, emotional, verbal or what have you. I will never understand why women put up with the abuse I see running rampant when there are still a few of us poor schleps out here who would never dream of that kind of behavior.

Why are the good women attracted to abusive men, while the sharks seem to track me down like a moth to the flame? Life is screwy. I've been told countless times that I treat women too good, even by some of the ones who have used me for all they could...

To the women who think there are no good men left, you are wrong. If you want someone who will treat you right, forget the jock type and find a geek/nerd/square (like me) and see what you've been missing... I know there are some good women out there, somewhere. I just seem to be chum for sharks rather than attracting a decent, good-hearted woman.

Anyhow, this is so way off topic that its ridiculous...
heavy man
good things come to those who wait
well that's what my nan always told me :)
life begins at 40 :^:

heavy man
good things come to those who wait
well that's what my nan always told me :)
life begins at 40 :^:
I suppose I am a complicated person...I've waited 40 years, so far not many good things have come my way... other than getting approved for Disability which pays for my home & utilities... I have tons of free time to tinker with my tank when I finally get all of my readings back to 0ppm and can stock it...

Perhaps I will find a good woman, or a good woman will find me... either way, the only woman I am actively looking for in my life ATM is a Maid...Being disabled, I have a lot of trouble keeping up with the household chores... The tank isn't a problem...there isn't a lot of physical effort involved with it now that it is plumbed. The person I bought it from delivered it and set it up on its stand for me.

The worst part for me physically was pouring the 30 pound bags of sand and all the awkward positions I had to get into to run the plumbing. Placing the rocks was easy peasy, nice & easy... they are only a few pounds apiece. I was surprised by how light they are, but they are extremely porous, it's like a solid sponge, lol...

Now it is just a waiting game for the cycle to complete. which is fine... it gives me time to save up for stocking the tank & the in-sump skimmer instead of the junk HOB skimmer I got with the tank.

I suppose I am a complicated person...I've waited 40 years, so far not many good things have come my way... other than getting approved for Disability which pays for my home & utilities... I have tons of free time to tinker with my tank when I finally get all of my readings back to 0ppm and can stock it...

Perhaps I will find a good woman, or a good woman will find me... either way, the only woman I am actively looking for in my life ATM is a Maid...Being disabled, I have a lot of trouble keeping up with the household chores... The tank isn't a problem...there isn't a lot of physical effort involved with it now that it is plumbed. The person I bought it from delivered it and set it up on its stand for me.

The worst part for me physically was pouring the 30 pound bags of sand and all the awkward positions I had to get into to run the plumbing. Placing the rocks was easy peasy, nice & easy... they are only a few pounds apiece. I was surprised by how light they are, but they are extremely porous, it's like a solid sponge, lol...

Now it is just a waiting game for the cycle to complete. which is fine... it gives me time to save up for stocking the tank & the in-sump skimmer instead of the junk HOB skimmer I got with the tank.
whats up with you istrahd have you been in a accident??
and what skimmer have you in mind ,do you know what stock you will be keeping

It sounds like you need an independent girl. If you insist upon "treating your woman like a queen" you're only going to find those who want everything handed to them.

whats up with you istrahd have you been in a accident??
and what skimmer have you in mind ,do you know what stock you will be keeping

Well, I was in a car accident at 15, broke my left knee, left hip & both bones in my right forearm... but I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis & Osteoarthritis along with a few other problems...

I am fairly limited in what I can do. It is really easy for me to hurt myself.

I am going to be getting a Reef Octopus Skimmer, I forget what model it is... It is rated for a 100-150 gallon tank, I may spend the extra money and get the one rated for the next size range up.

I am not certain what I will stock my tank with but I do know that I am getting a pair of Black Clownfish. I am more interested in the coral reef aspect than I am the fish... I would like a blue tang, but I think that would be pushing it in a 125 gallon 6' long tank, it is my understanding that they need more space. Yeah, I could have one but I want my fish to be happy in their environment.

I will be adding as many crabs as feasible as a part of my CUC.

I am still trying to decide what other fish I want. Only adding 1 fish per month, I have some time to think about it.. Mandarins are beautiful but I have been told they aren't very friendly with clowns or other Mandarins for that matter.

Any suggestions for tankmates to go with clowns? I don't want my tank to look Overstocked or Understocked with fish... I plan on having as many varieties of coral as are compatible in my tank without it looking crowded...

It sounds like you need an independent girl. If you insist upon "treating your woman like a queen" you're only going to find those who want everything handed to them.

I am not looking for anyone too independent or too clingy. I just want someone who will appreciate what I do for them because I care and do the same in kind... Someone who gives as much as they receive... Dream on, I know...

Just saying, but mandarins are very picky eaters and are hard to take care of, unless you find one that eats frozen food. That is why I've held off on a mandarin for a long time and done TONS of research. I've read that they are ok with almost all other peaceful fish, just not their own kind unless they are a pair.

Well, I was in a car accident at 15, broke my left knee, left hip & both bones in my right forearm... but I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis & Osteoarthritis along with a few other problems...

I am fairly limited in what I can do. It is really easy for me to hurt myself.

I am going to be getting a Reef Octopus Skimmer, I forget what model it is... It is rated for a 100-150 gallon tank, I may spend the extra money and get the one rated for the next size range up.

I am not certain what I will stock my tank with but I do know that I am getting a pair of Black Clownfish. I am more interested in the coral reef aspect than I am the fish... I would like a blue tang, but I think that would be pushing it in a 125 gallon 6' long tank, it is my understanding that they need more space. Yeah, I could have one but I want my fish to be happy in their environment.

I will be adding as many crabs as feasible as a part of my CUC.

I am still trying to decide what other fish I want. Only adding 1 fish per month, I have some time to think about it.. Mandarins are beautiful but I have been told they aren't very friendly with clowns or other Mandarins for that matter.

Any suggestions for tankmates to go with clowns? I don't want my tank to look Overstocked or Understocked with fish... I plan on having as many varieties of coral as are compatible in my tank without it looking crowded...
sorry to hear of your condition (keep tracking on)

I had a mandarin with a maroon clown before and was no probs at all
infact id say the clown really liked the mandarin as he used to follow him about and the mandarin wasent bothered by him at all
horses for courses I suppose some be ok and some not
that's the thing with marines nothing is written in stone
you just need plenty of pods in ya tank for mandarins as they go threw them like a Englishman drinks tea (all day)
there are some smaller tangs you could have ,kole tang/tomini tang ?? yellow ,blennys are cool fish watch hopping around the tank
yasha gobies too look great in a reef tank with a pistol shrimp
and would be ok in there

I have the gold stripes. They also seem to enjoy the company of my Midas Blenny, thank goodness. I will be leaving my system at four fish now, thanks to them. Too scared to try to add anything.
This is George... I can hardly ever get a pic of them together.

I have the gold stripes. They also seem to enjoy the company of my Midas Blenny, thank goodness. I will be leaving my system at four fish now, thanks to them. Too scared to try to add anything.
This is George... I can hardly ever get a pic of them together.
nice heres a pic of mine he loves the camers

Back