New Here

Jewel

Reefing newb
Hi All, I'm new to the site but not new to salt, I've been active for 10 years with many different set-ups, My current tank is currently being built. I bought a Custom 66 GL tank from a friend. The tank was built in Spain. Its 40x20x20, Three sided Starrphire, Rimless with a Guiessman Reflexx T-5 mounted on Brackets that allow it to swing up and stand up on its side. I've got 100 LBS of Live Rock and thinking about a 4 inch DSB, My Skimmer is an older Euro Reef CS100 and its been a proven performer in the past. My Sump is a 38 GL Acrylic Custom from Salines Solution, It has a built in Refugium that runs down one side measuring 4x24 the Sump is 36x15x16, Return Pump is a Mag 3 to a half inch Sea Swirl that sits on the back middle of the tank. I've got everything just waiting for a good time to set it up. I'm thinking I will wait til October. I've got some Vacation time planned and what better way to spend it, Anyway I hope to be active here in the Forums and meet alot of new friends, Jim

Hello and welcome!

DSB are really only effective if they're six inches or deeper. They can also be fairly risky.
I'd skip that bit if it were me.

4-6inches is adequate, But I know what you;re thinking. A DSB can be a nuisance. I've had remote DSB in the past and they worked fairly well. I'll probably just go with 2 inches max and clean the sand bed, I'm also gonna peg my rock together this time around. I've got some quarter inch Acrylic Rod.

Back