New hitchhiker!

BL1

So, My tank's been setup for almost 10 months now. I'm looking around at my corals and I see this little guy peeking out from behind a polyp.

Blenny.jpg

It's crazy, I've never seen him before and he's made it through a tank crash and a 4 day power outage!

It's some kind of blenny. I'm not sure what kind, I have yet to see any of it's body that's the most I've ever seen of it.

Wow, there are a couple people on here that have had blennies hitch hike in on live rock. They can hide themselves pretty well inside the rock, and pop out sometime in the future. Where did you get your live rock from? I think every time I've heard of it happening, it has been from TBS rock.

The live rock I used in my 75 was originally from TBS but, it was in my 28g nano for 6 months before I transferred it over to my 75.

Wow, that's amazing. What are you going to name her? (I made a faux pas on my last thread!) Something tough, as she's a survivor!

That's cool! I know blennies can hide well in rocks. When I bought a goby once, the lfs ended up giving me the rock, because he had wedged himself in there pretty tight (it was my rock that has all the mushrooms) :) Congrats on the find!

I love blennies! What a sweet find :)

I just bought rocks from TBS and all I have so far is a popping mantis shrimp and a horde of effin gorilla crabs! GRRR

Back