New LFS popping up in Fredericksburg, VA

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
No clue if they are any good or not since they're not open, but this might be of interest to some people in the DC Metro area. Maybe they'll offer some nice deals. They're not open yet, but looks like they will offer deals with fish and corals. Livestock quality will hopefully be good. Plus looks like they'll be doing frag swaps in the future. Might be good to keep them in mind if you're local.

The Saltwater Sanctuary

YES! A new storefront coming to the area that specializes in only saltwater fish, corals and all things reefs! We will offer a full line of your favorite saltwater fish- including wrasses, angels, tangs, blennies, gobies, clowns and more! Live rock, corals and other live stock will be offered along with a full line of dry goods, such as undrilled and drilled aquariums, sumps, skimmers, pumps, lights, bio cubes and more! Services will include tank set-up, maintenance and breakdown.

We have been in the hobby for many years and have traveled to stores all over, met a lot of other hobbyists and have learned a lot! We plan to offer quality livestock for great prices and first class customer service in a clean and welcoming atmosphere. One of our wishes as we get settled is for our fellow reefers to feel they have a place to go. We will be offering our spaces to you once a month for you to hold any meets you wish to have and to welcome you in to hold frag swaps. We will be holding specials on fish and corals often to allow you extra room to grow your reef without breaking the bank!

If you like what you hear- we want to hear from you! Please tell us your experiences elsewhere and how we can cater to you. Prior to opening our doors we will be offering specials on live rock, corals and saltwater fish. If you have a need for any livestock right now, please send us a note and we will price it for you and can get it to you any Saturday if you are any where between DC, Richmond and Southern Maryland with at least a week's notice.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon! Email us at the address below without the spaces. When you email to join our mailing list, we will send you a coupon for 10% off your first order and enter you in our drawing to win a new Bio-Cube!

s a l t w a t e r s a n c t u a r y @ y a h o o . c o m

Just got an email from them, just repeating that anyone who emails gets 10% off their first order and entered in a raffle for a new biocube :D They're in King George, but I'm always in the market for a good dedicated lfs. They're a good 30 miles south of me, which is no biggie since the nearest one to me is 15 miles, and the next closest is 30.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are 2 that I frequent :) One is good for getting healthy fish, and the other I just have a soft spot for cuz they were my first lfs, and they pretty much special order me anything I want for a good price (plus I'll tell them if I see a product online for less, they'll give it to me for that cheaper price).

Lucky, i wish they did that here. Just for a Red Sea prizm skimmer, it is $200, just a rip off on all dry equipment really. Not alot of choice of fish either. :(

Thank you for spreading the word about us! We hope to be open within the next couple of months! We will also be offering regular specials and discounts to club members!

Awesome...you found the post :D Can't wait to check out your store! There aren't a lot of good dedicated ones in the metro area, so it's good to have more options.

Back