new life in my 35g build

ob_on3

Reefing newb
So I did a double at work and when I got home this afternoon noticed a lil bit of water evaporation so I decided to fill it up with rodi water....when out of no where I noticed my fisrt real sign life just pops up out of nowhere!!! And on the move
IMG_20130203_120547_zpsefb35128.jpg

Cool, some people have them in plague proportions. I have 4 or 5 and try like heck not to hit them with the mag float. Anyway, congratulations you no longer have a box of water but a living saltwater tank!

I used to love asterina starfish until I saw what they have done to some people's coral. I pick them out now, which sucks because i hate killing anything.

Well for now I guess they can chill....hopefully down the road if I get some cool mushrooms they won't bother them ... but that's way far in the future... I'm hype to see things come out of nowhere!! Really cool

It is very cool. Things pop up unexpectedly and randomly. I've had my tank running almost a year and found a stomatella the other day. I didn't think I had any of those. LOL

Sure! It's just a type of snail and a good one. They have a little beetle-like shell. Very close to the same color of those zoas so it blends well. I saw something move and was like "woah, what's that!!!"
006-19_zps1f8d3d22.jpg

005-13_zps3c6d0fd7.jpg

So crazy...I googled it...I can't imagine snail just popping up...the whole concept of all this life out nowhere....the concept has me stumped....pretty cool

So crazy...I googled it...I can't imagine snail just popping up...the whole concept of all this life out nowhere....the concept has me stumped....pretty cool

if you would look very closely and for a long time, you might see some pods, snails etc. ... aquariums are crawling with them

I'm always checking and hoping to see new stuff...I feel like they're probably hiding from me....only time I saw the tiny starfish was when I was cleaning my filter...worries me cuz soon imma change it into a refugium...hope I still get to see things like that! Whatever's best for the tank

at last count I have 9 stormila snails...(mis spelled that) they can get into places a normal snail cant like my overflow box...through the c bend...

I think that's where that little starfish is....I only saw it when I removed my filter....few hours later, gone....either its in there or hell of a hide n go seek player!!

Back