New lighting for my 125

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
Hey so my other thread is dead so I decided to start this one.

Im looking to get new lights for my system, because mine are junk and I hate them.

Right now I have a POS system that has 3 MH (one doesnt work), 4 actinics (1 doesnt work).

Im looking at a few options leaning toward LED's.

First is the Reefbrite system with MH. They have one of these in our LFS and they are pretty ballin. I would probably go with three of them and hang them from the ceiling above my tank. I think that would look amazing.

Second would be the Ecoray 60. These are awesome but it seems I would have to get 4 to cover my 6ft tank, which is expensive.
ECORAY TM 60 HIGH PAR LED LIGHT

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

I'm in the near same boat as you wanting to upgrade for my 125. While it would be quite expensive, you could look into getting 3 Ecoray 112Ds.

Sometimes I wish I had a smaller tank!

Congrats! Can I ask where you got them from? They have them on display at my LFS and they look awesome, but cost $550 each.

Thanks for the link! Milwaukee is just under 2 hours from here.It might be worth a $213 savings. I also might try to barter a bit with the LFS. I don't like to be "that guy", but it's quite a bit of money. Maybe I can get $200 in free frags or something.

I got them from a local store called The Aquatic Critter. They gave me a better deal since I got 3 of them.

There is a place that has them for 479 each in Wisconsin.
The only reason I didnt get it from them is because shipping would have made them roughly the same or more expensive.

wireefsociety.com • View topic - LED Lighting

Aquatic Critter?

I go to Aquatic Critter in Nashville,they have one in Knoxville too?I was going to suggest the AI LED as an alternative.

I always find Aquatic Critter overprice on equipment.You sure you can't find them cheaper elsewhere?

Anyhoo,congrats..they look awesome!

Back