New lighting for New 75 gallon tank

blando

Reefing newb
Hey guys just wondering i been searching and looking at other forums about lighting and just not sure where to start.. i am upgrading here soon to a 75 gallon tank already purchased it until i get everything around. Trying to figure where to go to find decent lighting for corals and fish. Any suggestions where to start or good lighting to start with? Any opinions will be great :bounce:

well i know light fixture are not cheap.. i was thinking either led or t5...i went to fish place that getting the tank from they were showing me i forgot what brand but the size of tank and each fixture has 2 bulbs.. so i would need to get two light fixture for 4 bulbs all together. each light fixture is 189.. now not are getting ripped off or what.. what ya think?

For a T5 setup for a 75 gallon tank, you want 6 bulbs. You should buy one 6 bulb fixture rather than several smaller fixtures. Check out the Current Nova Extreme Pro lights. They make a really nice 48" 6 bulb fixture.

If you want to go the LED route, they cost more upfront, but save on electricity and bulb replacement costs down the road.

Yea butterwine thats a nice one :).. any certain website u think best to order that? Price range is fair specielly for 6.. i mean the fish store for 2 fixture that hold only 2 bulbs and each fixture is 189..hmm this one has more bubls but cheaper by at least checking on google

I don't think it matter what website you order them from -- any of the popular websites carry them. I used that light over my 90. It would allow you to keep anything you wanted in a 75.

It's generally not a good idea to buy equipment from a LFS. They are typically very limited in what they carry and overpriced. Why spend more for two 2-bulb fixtures than one 6-bulb fixture?

exactley im glad i came here before fricken buying it haha.. i kno i just got fricken robbed on top off but all well i think ill start buying online instead lol..seems cheaper in a way

Back