new lights... new corals??

siejack8484

Reefing newb
i jus got a T5 setup its only 216w for my 75g but it was only $130 n at the stores around me there goin for $350 so it was a steal. but i no this isnt alot of lighting for a 75g but itll do for now wat type of corals will do good in this??

Yep, that will be fine for soft corals and probably some LPS too. You may have difficulty keeping corals at the bottom of your tank.

Large Polyp Stony corals. It's a type of coral. It includes hammers, frogspawn, torches, candy canes, bubble corals, duncans, acans, etc.

Large Polyp Stony corals. It's a type of coral. It includes hammers, frogspawn, torches, candy canes, bubble corals, duncans, acans, etc.

sweet thats most of the stuff i like. this will be good enough till i get a better light system n ill jus use this on a 55g setup. but i have 2 daylight bulbs n 2 actinic bulbs n leds. wat should i use for nite time?? the leds n actinic or jus leds i have sum corals n dont want them to die so i been using the actinic n leds cuz i didnt kno

Nope you should only be using LEDs for night time. The corals will be fine, there's no lights on for them out in the ocean at night.

i was thinkin something when i read this,you guys are saying 4 t5s are not enough on a 75 that the penatration isnt deep enough,so that being said what makes the diferance of the 6 bulb system the lights penatrate at the same depth no matter how many bulbs are used?,am i missing something here?

i jus got a T5 setup its only 216w for my 75g but it was only $130 n at the stores around me there goin for $350 so it was a steal. but i no this isnt alot of lighting for a 75g but itll do for now wat type of corals will do good in this??

Where did you find this deal?!

+1 Sarah...his fixture has one big reflector bent for each bulb.....where as on the better fixtures they are individual reflectors for each bulb, usually a HIGH quality aluminum too. His fixture...not so much.

so in a true sence its not just the amount of bulbs a fixture has but the addition of indavidual reflecters that make the most diferance,so just adding bulbs will not change what corals can be kept

idk im new to salt water but i had 2 individual reg light fixtures, t8s i think, i had left over from other tanks n had zoas that grew like crazy and other stuff i cant even remember the names of and everything was doin fine till my dumbass was in such a rush when i set my sump up it was draining my display tank n hurried up n used tap water out my sink n sum stuff died off n my zoas almost completly died off but started to come bak a lil so i figured i get sum better lights to try n bring them bak fully

Softies will grow under almost any lights. Any light demanding corals u will not be able to keep such as sps.

To Jen in a nut shell yes. The amount of light reflected back into the tank is alot greater with individual reflectors and makes a BIG diff

Back