New Logo?

As to some people post i have made a few changes to the original design. I changed the spacing a bit and changed the background color. Keep hitting me with changes and we can make it perfect.

Attachments

• LIVINGREEFS.jpg
    LIVINGREEFS.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 332
+1 Larry
The idea is good, but it's too hard to read.

Actually, it's not. I don't want to be an ass, but I spend a lot of time here so I'm going to tell the truth. Nothing personal against the designer, in fact the whole idea of a redesign is a good one. But that logo has nothing original to it. It's just photo pasted inside a bold typeface beveled in photoshop. It's been done a million times before. And it makes reproduction in certain forms and sizes harder. And as pointed out, it's hard to read. Personally, I'd rather stick with the current one. And nobody... i mean nobody should be using Papyrus in a logo. It's everywhere, and it's a horrible typeface. :pooh:

I'll see if I have time to put some thought into this...

Hehehe. I've been waiting for Dennis to go on a Christian Bale-esque rant! ARE YOU A PROFESSIONAL?!?! I SAID, ARE YOU A PROFESSIONAL?!?!

Geez buddy, It was just an idea.Cant come up with your own design but still hate on everyone elses. If you got something better, lets so it. I'm up for the challenge. Maybe some people are just ment to be an Ass.

Personally, I really like the existing look of the site. Very clean, and conveys a nice happy day on the ocean vibe. But I thought it'd be fun to put something together.

4842055023_19be964c09.jpg

Hehehe. I've been waiting for Dennis to go on a Christian Bale-esque rant! ARE YOU A PROFESSIONAL?!?! I SAID, ARE YOU A PROFESSIONAL?!?!

Girl... that whole business card scene in American Psycho is one of the BEST movie scenes ever!!!
Any designer will tell you that. :mrgreen:

So what if he really went psycho years later. haha

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y[/ame]

Last edited:
Oh and this is just awesome. So awesome because the guy is FOR REAL! He is NOT bs'ing! He's some inspirational speaker. bahahahaaha :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk]YouTube - Your business card is CRAP![/ame]

That guy is a dick! I'd throw his tacky ass business card in the trash because it wouldn't fit in my wallet and I don't want to have to carry it around!

BTW the marketing department at my company must follow his advice... And his lack of practicality too. Last year they went through this "re-branding" thing where we got new letterhead, report formats, and yes, business cards. The old ones were white, square, plain, boring. The new ones have rounded corners, the front is dark red and the back is black, and it's made out of this shiny stock. I hate them! Do you know how many times I've written stuff down for clients on the back of my card?! And now I can't, because A) the back is black, and B) it's a glossy stock that pens don't work on. When a lot of your job is out in the field and you are meeting clients on-site, etc., I need to be able to give them some notes on the back of my card! DAMMIT!

Do you know how many times I've written stuff down for clients on the back of my card?!

You defile nice business cards by writing on them? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, WOMAN!?!? :shock:

44a53e5ea85057.gif

That's like me pooping in your fish tank, right on those pretty ricordea. :lol:

Great fix corey...

I like it and so far it has my vote unless something better is presented. The guy obviously did a clean and professional job on this, seems he knows what he is doing. Good job :Cheers:

Geez buddy, It was just an idea.Cant come up with your own design but still hate on everyone elses. If you got something better, lets so it. I'm up for the challenge. Maybe some people are just ment to be an Ass.

Ok, fiiiiinnnne.
I had a little time today between other projects to come up with a couple ideas.

Without straying too far from where we are now, same color scheme and I tried to stay with the idea of incorporating an actual "mark" that could be pulled away from the type and used separately.
I stuck with vector artwork so it's infinitely scaleable.
And I also showed them at 50% and in b/w to show they work at smaller sizes and in one color applications.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing Ian would be interested in, but if anything maybe it will help spark a few other ideas from other people.

LivingReefsLogo.jpg

and a really quick conversion to show how it can work on the original blue background if it has to.

LivingReefsLogo-b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm digging the one with the middle fish, and the middle starfish. Though I think the latter is better representation of a community. I get a real corporate feel from the middle one. Is it possible to tone down the lens flare on the fish?

Of course, you kept the color scheme per say, but the logos wouldn't work on the current background which I think is what Ian wanted.

Sure, colors can be reversed or changed or a white keyline added. Or the blue bar on the website can be changed to white or a really light blue or something. It's a minor detail.
Overall, the important thing is the colors are the same. You look at it and know it's the living reefs color scheme. Better to design on a white background because you don't know that you will always be able to put the design on top of a color.

Back