new longspine

daugherty

part time reefer
this is the coolest longspine i have seen this one has bandded spines i have never seen one like this before

011-9.jpg

yes they are this is not my first one but i do have a hole in my finger from this one. my last one got so big i almost did not get it out if my tank the spines on that one were asbout 10in and the body was a little bigger than a 50c peice.

Nice urchin, personally i think there cool but they grow to big and they are dangerous everytime you put your hands in the tank!

I have been counting the days til I too can have one of those little gems. I was swimming in the reef off the coast of Cancun and I found a beatiful little fish. (Not knowing nearly as much then as I do now I couldn't even begin to guess what it was) I followed the fish for a while and enjoyed watching it swim. Before I was done enjoying it, it decided it was finished being watched and it darted towards me to swim off into the deep. I swiped my hand down to attempt to redirect it and wound up on the business end of a longspine. The fish got away, and I had to get out of the water to finally get it to stop bleeding. My finger got swolen and hurt for a couple of days, and ever since I have had a compelling urge to own one of theses little nems. I have another 6 months before my first year is up...

wow, great looking one! I REALLY want a longspine, but I'm a little leery about it's bulldozing nature (especially with a lot of my small frags) - think its worth it?

Back