New LTA

bwilhite

Reefing newb
I just got a LTA a few hours ago and my Clarkii is already hosting with it. My LFS said to turn off the power heads overnight just to keep a potential disaster from happening. Is this a good idea?

Power heads are a nems worst nightmare. They do have a tendency to move until they find a place they like. Mine moved the first two days until it found a crevice it liked in the middle of my tank. Has it attached to something yet?

I believe it is attached to the sand bed floor and a smallish rock. I tried to move it on the live rock but it came back down. I just didnt know if no current at all was good either.

lighting should be fine and the power turned off is a must(i know this cuz my 1050 power head ate my bta) untill you are sure it is attached

i just got an lta and its already pretty happy,i wonder though,every time i add aragamilk to my tank,and i mean only 10 drops for 150 gallons of water it deflates for several hours,didnt think it should be that bad

i just got an lta and its already pretty happy,i wonder though,every time i add aragamilk to my tank,and i mean only 10 drops for 150 gallons of water it deflates for several hours,didnt think it should be that bad
I can't speak to the deflating but, I can tell you that adding it directly to your tank doesn't really do anything for your calcium levels.

Randy Holmes-Farley said:
Aragamilk can't work if added directly to the tank, unfortunately. It adds a tiny bit if added to RO/DI. I review it and similar products with fine aragonite here
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/7/chemistry

Back