New member - going from fresh to salt in 52 gallons

urbanlegend

Reefing newb
Hello everybody. My name is Chris and I currently reside in Greenville, SC.

I have had fresh water fish tanks almost all of my life. About 5 years ago I sold my last tank in anticipation of our first child coming (needed the $). Now he (Thomas) is 3 years old and it is til to get back into it.

I picked up a 52G corner glass tank used this past weekend. I wanted the corner for a few reasons. None the less, it's sitting in my living room just waiting to be filled. I'm very excited to learn and set this up with my son, although I am sure he will be more trouble than its worth lol

None the less, any and all info would be appreciated, kinda lost on where to start and all the options out there. Any simple start-up suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you aboard. Check out the links on the home page when you get a chance.

there really isnt a recommended GPD for a specific tank size, it depends more on your budget for an RO/DI unit. But you are going to want to get an RO/DI unit that has 5 or 6 stages. On the water chemistry article there are some links to some really good places to buy an RO/DI unit

Welcome to the site. I would suggest picking up a copy of the Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner. It's a very useful book for a beginning saltwater enthusiast. The links that Little Fish Posted are good as well.

In addition, Wetwebmedia, Aquarium, Pond, Marine and Freshwater Fish, reef tanks, and Aquatics Information is a good source of information in addition to those of us here at Living Reefs.

Are there specific things you have questions on?

howdy and welcome to the site..
ask as many questions as you can .. better to ask then to find out later you need to change something,.:D

Back