new member in sc

newreefinsc

Reefing newb
I've been keeping my tank for about a year now. In addition to the fish I have 3 skunk cleaner shrimp, 1 scarlet fire shrimp, Australian elegance coral, 1 torch, 1 hammer, 1 frogspawn, 1 finger leather, hairy mushrooms, purple mushrooms, a zoanthid rock, and a few feather dusters. I know that sounds like a lot for a 55gal, but the only thing I would do differently is remove the tang if I could get her without dismantling the tank. The corals are thriving, and the clown has adopted the elegance coral. The corraline algae has taken off, and the maintenance has finally come down to weekly water changes and glass cleaning when needed. I look forward to seeing more of this site. I will post pics when I get some on this computer.

welcome to the reef, and it doesnt sound like a lot because you cant have too many corals as long as they arent killing each other

Attempting to post pics

Last edited:
i suggest you upload all of your pictures to a photobucket account, and then you can just copy the img code and then paste it here and your pictures will be here

Thanks. It was my first attempt, and it has gone through a few morphs over the first year, but I'm happy with it now. I'll try to post a few more pics.
100_1109.jpg

100_1105.jpg

100_1133.jpg

Back