New Member/ new to fish keeping

andersoned14

Reefing newb
Hi, I am new to the whole fish keeping. It started out as a birthday present for my two year old daughter in Feb. and I have been hooked ever since. I have two very new tanks so any advice that can be given I would be glad to read. I have a 90 gal 4foot tank in our basement and a 29 gal in our kitchen. The 90 is mine and a little older so right now I have a copperband butterfly and a black clown for fish. There are three blue leg hermitt, one red leg hermitt and a turbo snail and a sand shifting star and a emeral crab. It has 100 lbs of sand and around 75 lbs of rock half of which is "live" all but one lb of the "live" was used in another tank so it is better than fresh rock and is already a good purple color. The one lb of live rock was bought from a LFS. Thanks in advance for a the tips and I have already enjoyed reading alot of post.

can anyone give me a quick run down how to post a picture. I tryed the icon but it would not post because it was to large I think. I am not a computer guru so you will need to dumb it down for me. Thanks again

trying to post a pic of tank

Save the pic into your computer
Click GO ADVANCED on the thread
Click the paperclip
Browse and attach your document (picture)
click upload
Close
Finish typing thread.

Welcome to the forum.

Hello and welcome to the site, glad to have you. Your tank sounds like it's on a great start. Imo, photobucket is the easiet way to post a pic, like reeffreak suggested.

can anyone give me a quick run down how to post a picture. I tryed the icon but it would not post because it was to large I think. I am not a computer guru so you will need to dumb it down for me. Thanks again

i use photobucket it is free and you upload your pic to it than copy the IMG code and paste it here into the thread.

by the way hi and welcome to the site

You got a great start there.
But you need to get a handle on that cyano-bacteria.
What are your water parameters and mantaince routine?

Yote I added a post to the other section of forums I add from the begining pics and the water para and have got some advice from there already. So can you check that and see if you have other ideas also I'm sure you see the algee. That is what I need some help with now. So I have new things to try. Thanks to all

Back