New Moderator!

First off, I haven't been friends with ANYONE forever. Second, you spelled Tucson wrong, so you probably don't even live here.

Prove it that you know me. Tell me something that only a very close friend would know about me.

I would say that judging from biffs need for people to tell her how good she is that this is Biff herself. I always knew you were BI POLAR! :mrgreen:

she would not be Bipolar, you are thinking of disassociative identity disorder, what used to be called multiple personality disorder. People who suffer from Bipolar disorder tend to struggle with managing emotions. They have intense high energy episodes called "manic" episodes and then can shift quickly to depression. It is a difficult disorder to manage. Just wanted to clear that up.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

yes but borderline personality disorder is worse than bi polar. I my sons mom is bad. we are getting along great now but its been one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

I agree. there is no medication treatment for personality disorders, just treating symptoms; like depression. Bipolar is effectively treated with medication. Borderline personality disorder makes for interesting individual therapy sessions.

its terrible to be the "bad item" with a bpd person. my life has a complete living hell at times. she refuses to go to counciling. we would go a couple times and when it came time to face problems she would run from it. no shows or just flat calling me telling me she wouldn't go. I have been going to counciling for the last year bi weekly seeing her old LCSW from when she was in high school. he is extremely good and takes on up to 10 bpd patients at a time on his workload. I hear that most will only take 2 or 3 since its such a hard thing to work with. he has given me lots of understanding on how to work with these situations, and also keeps me motivated on life goals when the stress overwhelms me and I have problems thinking about anything else. I have also been reading the book I HATE YOU - don't leave me by kreisman and straus. I'm sure you are familiar with this one. right from the get go its a very spot on description of what I personally experience with her.

phweew !
man i thought you were tankin about my ol' lady for a bit but then i realised that hers only happens once a month!

Biff Congrats on the Mod job!
sorry I was late on this ! Dont perma ban me~

Nevermind. I googled it :). Sorry to hear that you have to deal with that Alexander. Hopefully it's getting better... At least you're not in a relationship with her and don't have to cope with it 24/7.

there is also a great workbook by Marsha Linehan if you are interested. i use it regularly with BPD clients. ISBN# 0-89862-034-1. Best of luck to you...that will be $100, thank you.....Just kidding. All advice is free, but limited. Glad you found a therapist you like. That is the first step.

thanks doc. ill probably check it out. abiut the $ you take paypal right :)

thanks biff. yeah no way I wanna deal with that 24/7. that was my meeting I had to do on my day off. just want sure if I wanted to openly tell you I was going to see a doc :) though I might have already have I don't remember

not a bad thing at all. More people need to dump their burdens on a therapist. It doesn't mean you are crazy, just human. Just be honest and things have a funny way of working out

I am thinking about setting up video conference therapy. Not sure the ethics on that being in a different state, nor that I am in any way soliciting clients - that would be wierd. Just an idea.

I have never talked to a therapist..... anyone who really knows me knows I need to! Instead I just do self distuctive shit to make me feel alive an oliviate (spelling?) strees. I find myself doing drugs, drinking, driving stupid fast, fighting, cheating and having one night stands just to make myself feel better and to run away from any stress or emotions I may feel. Sorry figured I would put my two cents in!
Red hopefully things will go better with your daughters mom. I took renee and I almost four years to get over all the petty bullshit

Back