New & Need Nano Help- Hi All!

supernan79

Reefing newb
I've done freshwater aquariums for a long time and am making the jump to saltwater. Can't afford to go big just yet, but after months of research I'm starting a nano tank. I have a 12g bow front eclipse. I have the sand, rock, filtration, and salt figured out... now I just need some serious help when it comes to heater selection and water chemistry (I'm really lost on this one).

With regards to the heater selection, questions I have are wattage, brand, external temperature selector or on the heater? In case of power outage (which we have every so often, although brief, in the winters here) should I get a heater with a manual dial or LCD? Will the LCD start back at the correct temp if I'm not here to set it right away? Should I go titanium or glass? 50 watt or 75 watt or 100 watt? I've been looking at 50 but our house temp can fluctuate quite a bit in the winter (wood heat) because we don't use our blowers for our wood stove unless we're here and I'm putting the tank on the other side of the house so I don't cook the fish if we have the wood stove really hot. So, should I get a higher wattage to compensate for a really cold house should temp dip while we're at work? Since it's such a small tank it will be more susceptable to temp change.:question:

Back