new nova xtreme pro, i want one for my 125

i pm'd the owner on reef central and sent email through there website, that new light has individual reflectors i bet that light will kick ass.

I found a pre-order on marineandreef.com. The 36 was 319.00 and the 72 was 699.00. The day after my nova extreme comes in the mail!!!!!

Hey,I just posted this on another thread.I seen this on RC last week.
The 48'' version has 6 bulbs and runs $430....not bad at all.

me too, i have an outer orbit 72" which costed about 900.00 bucks with 3 150 watt de metal halides, and 4 96 watt pc lights i would to get rid of for t5's, love the way t5's look.

That's a really good price. I'm surprised they're so cheap.

watch it biff look what happened to aquactinics when they got popular they jumped up there price, dont jinx it. By the way jason from premium aquatics called today and said i get my new tx5 for 75 gallon monday.

reflectors make a big difference, increase light output drastically, like having xtra bulbs in there, with less power.

reflectors make a big difference, increase light output drastically, like having xtra bulbs in there, with less power.

D,its going to be a long weekend for you.Glad that the lights are finally coming.

you are right there freak, i'm freakin losin it already. Premium aquatics was out of stock on ATI blue plus(actnic bulbs) so they substituted with giesemann actnic plus which is about same color, 450nm, i like the blue actnics not the 420 which is more purple.

Thanks for finding my lights for me! those are perfect. Not too crazy, just about right. When are they going to go on sale? Ill have to get those for my 125 when I get it!

Of all the items I bought for my new setup, the one piece I am MOST disappointed with is the Nova T-5 Extreme. The fan is ridiculously noisy, and is hard-wired to the power brick - so changing it out is problematic. The entire unit is flimsy (the legs are more like tinker toys than a properly engineered piece of technical equipment). The plastic sheet that protects the lights from the salt water has warped, which indicates the noisy fan is under-engineered, and the LEDS are so dim as to be essentially non-functional.

I was originally shown at the LFS a unit by Coralife which was $300 - a full hundred bucks higher than the Nova. I should have bought it. You get what you pay for.

One other thing: If possible, don't buy lights online. The first Nova light arrived with only 1 bulb intact, the rest shattered into a zillion pieces (and to make matters worse, broken flourescents are TOXIC)... the second light arrived with 1 broken bulb - between the 2 of them I was able to hobble together one working unit, but I still hear broken glass rattling around in there. A regrettable purchase all the way around.

Last edited:
not a bad price for some who can't afford higher priced lights and its not current usa fault the shipping company mishandles merchandise usually ups, fed ex is better, yes mounting legs are horrible. didn't know coralife had a t5 light unit that was HO, cause i sure wouldn't use there powercompact lights, been there done that.

so far i have bought 4 different light fixtures and numerous bulbs online no broken ones yet, they must be rough out west.

Back