dcp_1821.jpg
dcp_1823.jpg
dcp_1824.jpg
dcp_1825.jpg
dcp_1827.jpg
dcp_1828.jpg
dcp_1829.jpg

Your fish and rockwork looks great.

Kinda hard to tell, but are those giant aiptasia in your tank? If so, you should get rid of them ASAP. They will spread very quickly and will sting and kill anything they touch.

Also, do you have sufficient lighting for your anemone? It's hard to tell from your pics if you do, but anemones need at least 8 watts per gallon of lighting. Regular tank lighting won't cut it, they need special lights.

I love your angels.

anenome do not need 8 watts per gallon, but they do need alot of light. if you have pc or metal halides i would say around 5 to 6 watts per gallon but with t5 light using individual reflectors double your light output. i have 270 watts of HO t5's on a 75 gallon tank which is 3.5 watts per gallon and i bought a bleached out rose bubble tip anenome for 10 bucks and its already turning red again and i have 2 rock anenomes one was also bleached and got its color back and i recently about 2 months ago added a small ritteri anenome and all are doing great. If there under pc lights move anenome to top of tank under metal halides will be fine, plus anenomes will move to were they are happy if it wants more light it will move up higher. If you do not have enough light it will constantly be stretching upward for more light or start losing its color.

thanks biff and they are condylactis anenome. i have had them in there for over a mounth and they seem to be doing fine with my lights i dont have metal halides. im thanking about geting a Emperor Angelfish but some pepole are telling me they will fight with my other Angelfish. some say i cant keep anglefish with other angelfish but i have a koran and a coral beauty and they are fine. what do u thank about this

Yes, D is right that if you have T5s, the watt per gallon rule doesn't hold. But it's a pretty good yardstick for other types of lights.

Of the two angels you have, one is a dwarf and the other is a large. That increases the chances that they'll get along. When you start mixing large angelfish together, that's when they're more likely to fight.

biff you put up any full tank shots on your build thread lately, doing away with my metal halides and switching to 72 inch nova extreme pro on my big tank for some reason my zoos and rics don't do well under halides but love t5's.

Back