New Pics

hey i have a question about the mantis shrimp. I believe I have 1 that might have hitch hiked in on LR. It looks almost like Pony's. From what ive been reading i dont want him to be in my tank, even though my tank is still in the cycling process, what is the best way to get rid of this guy? Is there some sort of TRAPS or certain fish maybe? Any help would be great thanks.

The best and easiest way to take care of him= TNT :mrgreen:.

But they are hard buggers to get out :frustrat::grumble:. Possibly the cycle will kill him but I dont know.

I doubt the cycle would even effect him.
You MIGHT get lucky with a trap but most of the time a mantis will find its way out before you even know he's in there.Your best bet is to figure what rock its living in.Then remove that rock to another container of some kind and starve him out.Just be sure to keep your fingers well away from its hole.They can and will split you wide open.

i doubt the cycle would effect him either. i was lucky enough to get the rock he was in and put it is some cold freshwater and he came haulin ass out and i grabbed the rock out real fast and ten i transfered him into a container with saltwater.gotta be fast they are very quick.

Back