New Pipefish :)

I picked it up today.... he eats frozen rotifers

IMG_3652.jpg

It seems to be. Last night about the time the MH turned off it was getting more active and checking out the rest of the tank. I was worried for a little while that the flow may be to much because he wasn't moving to much. I am going to start feeding rotifers 2 times a day and when I fed this morning he perked right up. I have enough for a few month frozen but if I am successful I am going to grow my own.

My LFS, it took him a while to get one in. It is wild caught :( but they don't have TR I looked into that first.

While I was in my LFS he told me that he is moving to a BIGGER location and told me some of the plans include like 4 frag tanks and a 800g display! His current location is TINY.

It seems to be. Last night about the time the MH turned off it was getting more active and checking out the rest of the tank. I was worried for a little while that the flow may be to much because he wasn't moving to much. I am going to start feeding rotifers 2 times a day and when I fed this morning he perked right up. I have enough for a few month frozen but if I am successful I am going to grow my own.

My rotifers are growing GREAT! Check out my baby clownfish thread if you want to know more info on culturing them, or feel free to PM me about them!

He's going to need something bigger then rotifers, how big is he?. The banded pipes will eat baby mysis, brine, cyclops and cyclopeeze. I would give him a mixture of all of these. But mostly mysis and cyclops or cyclopeeze these are higher in protien.

OK good deal, I have those foods for my other fish he is just really really small so LFS started with that and he perks up when it hits the tank so far.

OK so I had to come home early today at 1 pm and couldn't find him but he just came out like 5 mins ago!!! :) I was starting to get worried.

Try frozen mysis. Most flagtail pipefish will take frozen mysis readily (though it may take a time or two to get them used to it). It will look too big, but trust me, they are absolute pigs. And don't worry about flow, these guys are much more agile swimmers than your typical pipefish.

Try frozen mysis. Most flagtail pipefish will take frozen mysis readily (though it may take a time or two to get them used to it). It will look too big, but trust me, they are absolute pigs. And don't worry about flow, these guys are much more agile swimmers than your typical pipefish.

O good, I have a pretty good mix of different frozen foods. thanks :)

Back