New Pro Clear Wet / Dry

jcg432

Reefing newb
I just bought a 75 Pro Clear Wet / Dry.

I would like to know if introducing this filtration system to my already established tank will damage my fish.

Also would like to know if someone knows the way I should introduce this filter into my system or can point me to a thread or webpage that can show me how. (Reading Is Part of The Hobby!!!)

I wouldn't see any reason why it would hurt your fish.

Do you have an overflow or a Reef Ready tank arlready?

I would recommend you NOT using the bio balls in the filther though as they are to good at what they do and will cause elevated Nitrate levels.

I guess my question is: Is there a wrong way or right way to add this filter into my system or just add it and I will be ok.

Yeah Im running a seaclone 100 modified....

Last edited:
I recieved my Pro Clear Wet / Dry and installed it..... It is running great but now I noticed that my water is cloudy..... What can be causing this? :frustrat:

how long has it been up and running?

Do you have tiny micro bubbles in the tank or is debris that is making it cloudy?

Hopefully you cleaned everything before hooking it up. if so you should have better water movement in the tank now that your return is running and if so it is stirring up some stuff that has settled out of the water collum. if so not to worry it will clean in a week or so. if not run some carbon for a few days to clear up the water. good luck, happy fishin. keep us posted.

Back