New pukani rock!!!

Twisted_blenny

Reefing newb
Just got my 55lbs of pukani rock from BRS today I'm so excited! Does anyone have any tips on how to clean it before I put it in or any good aquascaping tips?!?

I love pukani rock from BRS!! I actually didn't even clean mine (it was super clean when I got it) and just put it right in. In retrospect, I'd recommend just rinsing it off to get the dust off before adding it to your tank.

Rinsing it off with tap water (or the hose outside) is fine. It can come pretty dusty. There isn't anything harmful and it doesn't need to be "cleaned" but rinsing can cut down on the cloudiness.

yeah, it will be a little like chalk dust. I sneezed my head off for a bit after i opened them.

I washed them in my bathtub (it was early march and freezing out side) but if you do that put a strainer in the tub because little rock rubble will come off of it.

So I put my rock in the tank but I don't know if I'm happy with how I aquascaped :( anyways so I was thinking now I can add my livesand will the sand be ok until Friday when I add water to the tank or should I just wait to add the sand until Friday?

If you are using live sand, it needs to be kept wet, so don't add it until you have water. If you are using dry sand, you can put it in whenever you want.

You can wait to add the sand. And few people are happy with their first aquascaping, so dont worry about changing it up!

So true! My tank has not even been wet a week and I have changed my aquascape 3 times already and I'm not even sure I like it still. I need to get more rock so I can do more with it.

If you rinse it off with tap water is there a chance of contaminating the tank with phosphates or copper from pipes? I will need to be doing this when my 21lbs of dry rock shows up Saturday.

If you rinse it off with tap water is there a chance of contaminating the tank with phosphates or copper from pipes? I will need to be doing this when my 21lbs of dry rock shows up Saturday.

It's such a little amount of water it's not anything to worry about.

Back