New purchase

Jonah

Reefing newb
Hello all , this is my very first posting on ANY forum so looking forward to plenty of helpful advice ! Thank you all in advance.
My fishkeeping has been a hobby since childhood and I can't think of any length of time in my life when there hasn't been an aquarium in the house !
I'm going back into marine keeping for the first time in about 10 years , I appreciate it has changed hugely in that time and would love to pick up some good tips.
Firstly the choice of a new aquarium of approx 300 l , the wife needs it to look lovely , i need it to work well , red sea max 250 or aqua one reef 300 both stand out , and my good lady is happy with either , any comments welcome , thank you for reading.
Jonah

Hello and Welcome!

I dont know much about either tank as well, but i have seen several stunning reefs with the Red Sea Max tank.

There is lots of info in the articles section, so be sure to check it out!

the red sea max is an ok tank, you will need to upgrade the lights if you want anything besides soft coral, the skimmer is pretty bad, theres no room for a refugium, and they commonly overheat and use of a chiller is almost a must. i have the small red sea and i hated it

Back