New T5 bulbs, are they working right?

BL1

So, I just got my order in from BRS today and I was installing my new T5s, I got 2x ATI Actinics, KZ Fiji Purple, and ATI Blue Plus. The Actinics seem weird to me though, neither of them look like they're producing lighting the middle of the bulb. Is this normal for them, it's the first time I've ever had Actinics so I'm not sure. I hope not because my T5 lighting looks really dull now.

ATIT5Actinic-1.jpg

Mine don't do that. I don't think that's normal. Ballast problem, maybe? :dunno:

I don't think so, they run on the same ballasts as the other two bulbs and the other two are fine. It's weird that it only happened to the two actinics too.

Flourecents sometimes take a while to warm up, especially if they just came in out of the cold. If they are still like that after 30 minutes, then something is wrong. Try them in the other positions. If they fully light up, then its the ballast. It is possible that those two outputs on the ballast are screwed up.

The t5's I got from BRS work perfect. I got those same bulbs in a 24"

Flourecents sometimes take a while to warm up, especially if they just came in out of the cold. If they are still like that after 30 minutes, then something is wrong. Try them in the other positions. If they fully light up, then its the ballast. It is possible that those two outputs on the ballast are screwed up.

The t5's I got from BRS work perfect. I got those same bulbs in a 24"

It's possible it's the outputs but, I doubt it since my previous bulbs had just been in there and were lit with no issues. And after the new bulbs wouldn't come on properly, I took them out and put the new bulbs back in and they came on to full power. My lights went out about 20 mins after I did the bulbs switch, so I'm going to wait till tomorrow and see if they come on by the time I get home from work, if not I'll have to give BRS a call and see what they'll do for me.

If the bulbs dont work after like 30 minutes, they arent going to. So if they arent working by the time you get home from work, I would contact BRS. So far anytime I emailed them, they replied by the end of the next day.

Well, they still aren't working. I emailed BRS yesterday and within the same day they had new bulbs already on their way out to me free of charge and shipping! Hopefully these will work.

Back