New Tang :)

I feel like kole tangs can either be stunning or drab. Many that I've seen lately fall into the drab category... but not this little guy! I'm very excited to meet him :)

How's he doing Fishy?
He's doing well (read my thread on how long can fish survive shipping). It was a bit of a rough start with an unexpected size difference between him and the mimic, but he is holding his own. I went and checked on him today and it looks like he got in a spat with someone earlier - fins are frayed again, but behaviorally he seems to be just fine - eating, boldly swimming with everyone else, picking at rocks - no indication that he's been scared off or is hiding from the rest of fish, etc. - so I think he's just working out where he fits in the heirarchy and all will settle in soon enough. On a side note, I hung a mirror to distract the mimic tang and it actually was the kole tang that has spent the most time swimming back and forth in front of it, the mimic could care less!

Okay, so I'm naming this guy Jesus - I'm not particularly religious, but he seems to have an amazing ability to regrow his fns overnight. This morning he has full fins again. How does that happen?!

Back