new tank...30g

ok i have a 30g in the back yard...i talk to my wife and shes going to let put it up...:bounce:...i was thinking...and plz vote...let me know what you think....
do the 30g as a reef tank and make my 125g a predator tank...get all my corals and put them in the 30g...but i was thinking would my lights be to stronge for the 30g..i have 2x250w mh...i would only use one mh light...:question:..

Last edited:
+1 on a smaller reef tank...they're easier to fill up and look full. Turn the 125gal into a nice community tank, not exactly predatory. :)

The thing about a predator tank is that you would need to stock it in a very precise manner. When you want to add a fish there will be a big chance that the new fish may die and then you'll be out of luck. You might be upset that anything you put in the tank will quickly be harassed and you may get upset and have the idea back fire. It's up to you. If it goes well then it's totally awesome!

Yeah I think the little one should be a reef and the big one a community tank but not predator.

You will end up getting one eel or one thing and it will kill everything else you try to put in there and you will have a HUGE 125g with 1 stupid thing in it.

ok...im going with a small reef....i was thinking of getting a 90g with the overflow box...the drill one...i dont know what you call it...is it reef ready?...is $280 to much for the tank.

we have a problem...my wife doesnt want the 125g tank..that it to long what can i do...i dont have money to buy the 90g that i want...

lol i have the same probs over here, my hubby hates my fish tanks i have a 155gallon fresh water and a 50 gallon salt, im always finding different things to do with them, and add to them, i find that bribery works well :)

Back