New tank in the works

Doc

I don't work for anybody
As I have been planning for my new reef tank, I have a few questions that I am too lazy to figure out myself.

How many watts per gallon should I have to keep my LPS corals? I was thinking about 3 watts/gallon. Does that seem right?

How big of a tank do I have if the dimnesions are: 48X18X24?

What is the best product to clean an existing tank that has been used to keep other animals?

Where do I find that egg crate that I see on tanks to keep the little fishies from jumping out? I assume they can handle the heat of lights directly on top of them (I don't like retrofit lights).

-Dr Marco :sfish:

As I have been planning for my new reef tank, I have a few questions that I am too lazy to figure out myself.

How many watts per gallon should I have to keep my LPS corals? I was thinking about 3 watts/gallon. Does that seem right?Now Doc lets not go with WPG.Go T5 with individual reflectors and be unlimited.

How big of a tank do I have if the dimnesions are: 48X18X24?90 gallons which isn't big enough

What is the best product to clean an existing tank that has been used to keep other animals?A little bleach and water,besides its only concentrated chlorine.

Where do I find that egg crate that I see on tanks to keep the little fishies from jumping out? I assume they can handle the heat of lights directly on top of them (I don't like retrofit lights).Leow's and Home Depot in the lighting section

Have a good day!

its complicated reef. Eventually, T-5's will be the reality, but I am looking for the short term. Don't worry, it will be enough. I am preparing for some movement and dividing my tank into two. I am basically doing it just to get a build thread. I am feeling slighted that I don't have one yet. I am going to move the LPS and a few mushrooms to the reef tank, along with the regal tang and clown fish. I am keeping the angels in the 125 with the leathers and will probably add a radiata and a trigger of some sort, maybe a picasso. Once they are started, I will then replace the PC's with T-5's.

I doubt I will get anywhere near the kind of traffic that biff has. What I have in mind should be pretty cool. I am excited to get my reef and angel tanks how I want them. I will still be upgrading to a 210+ in the near future, but I might put a shark in there instead and keep the 125 with angels....who knows. I still love sharks. i think redline would approve. So much livestock, so little time.

You need to show your boobies in your build thread pics. That will bring the traffic over to yours! Oh wait, you are a guy you say? Nevermind...

Winy, I promise you will love it.

Biff, You never showed me yours, why should I show you mine?

-Dr Marco :sfish::sfish:

Now Doc,
Dont be stringing us along for the next 6 months waiting.
We already know you'll have an awesome tank,and build thread.

So

GETTER DONE SON.

2 weeks, yote. 2 weeks. I have a few things to prepare for first. I promise not to disappoint you.

reef and biff, u both just transfered stuff to new tanks. Here is another question: I assume you used live sand, could you have gotten away with using dry sand if you had cured live rock added to the system rather than needing to cured your own?

it's true. Could be that she is hyperfocused on boobs, feeling that her own may be inadequate. It is a common practice in life, to covet, feel shame or guilt and then to make it a place for humor so as not to feel the effects of personal sense of failure due to something outside of our control.....or she may just really like boobs. I know I do.

reef and biff, u both just transfered stuff to new tanks. Here is another question: I assume you used live sand, could you have gotten away with using dry sand if you had cured live rock added to the system rather than needing to cured your own?

I used 240 lbs of live sand and 60 lbs of dry sand. I used my cured live rock, but I wanted to do anything I could to avoid a cycle, still.

I couldn't find any decent cured rocks locally so yeah thats why I went with all live sand and uncured.Sort of speed up the cycle as much as possible.To answer your question,yes,but I would use some live sand anyways.

Back