New tank inhabitants with pictures!

looks good, but you should do something about those manjo nems before they take over your tank

All of them? I've had for nearly a month now and if anything I have less of them. But they have gotten bigger thats for sure. They also tend to detatch and float about and reattach elsewhere lol.

Re: Amba's 29 Gallon Invert Extravaganza!

Okay here are some updated pictures. I filled the tank to make sure no leakies and it was good. Here's a shot with the lights off, and a piece of live rock I set in there for color reference. I LOVE the color of the light reflecting off the glass. Also showing a bit of my plumbing stuff which is just sitting on the floor at the moment. Pardon the crappy pictures.
fishtank.jpg

SAM_0127.jpg

liverock.jpg

SAM_0128.jpg

Winning winning winning winning winning :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

i have to say tank is looking good, but i must start a petition to FREE WILLY!!!!!!!!!! lol

what lights are you using?

Oooo. The new guy is funny. You can stay.
I know, when he said he was into pen twirling and had goats named JB and Africa I said, this guy is a keeper for sure!
Amba you are quite amusing to me and what forum doesn't need more oddball humor?
Excited for your invert tank, can't wait to see it progess.

Omg! I like the rock lol what kind is it?

The rock is a piece of fiji live rock I have had in one of my other tanks for some time now. I just put it in there to show some color, I'll get the living sand and other stuff the friday after this coming friday. By then the plumbing should be done except for my overflow and the skimmer should have come in the mail. So I'm looking at a complete setup in three weeks. Then I can start farming the Zoa garden and plopping all my new invertebrate friends in. I'm putting in a special order at my LFS for all kinds of critters it shall dominate. Prepare yourself.

I know, when he said he was into pen twirling and had goats named JB and Africa I said, this guy is a keeper for sure!
Amba you are quite amusing to me and what forum doesn't need more oddball humor?
Excited for your invert tank, can't wait to see it progess.

Haha thanks guys :p I shall post pictures of my goaties this week they are awesome.

i have to say tank is looking good, but i must start a petition to FREE WILLY!!!!!!!!!! lol

what lights are you using?

Thanks a lot :p Using a 24w reef sun reef until I buy those LED or MH that I've been looking at. Overflow and skimmer should come in the mail... eventually :p I had to slightly modify the fixture because it is rated for 20w so I took out the stock starter changed some wiring about and replaced it. That's why it would just flicker and get all smokey before lol. It looks so much more blue in person especially at night!

ya, i would start killing them ASAP. they will sting your corals and fish to death

My LFS said that they were good and would add to my tank. She also said that they are an easy to maintain form of polyps? I don't know that I believe her because they have tried to mess with me in the past. I am going for my PHD in Chemical Engineering with a focus in Organics so when she made up all this mumbo jumbo about pH etc etc etc I called her out on it. Needless to say I don't go to that store anymore (thankfully there is another in my area) I shall remove and kill them now. Thank you for pointing that out. It isn't aiptasia is it?

God dang money grubbing...:grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble:

I have heard a few people who have said that they are good to keep, but I have seen more people who have had a tank be totally destroyed by them. If you want you can PM bifferwine about it. She had to take down her 240 because of them I believe. What is even scarier is that she boiled her rock after taking it down and some still survived!!!

So ya, they are easy to take care of, but that will be all you are taking care of after awhile. I would get out your guns out and go after them like a bat out of hell.

Also where are you getting your PHD? Im just about finished getting my bachelors in Biochemical and Chemical engineering from Colorado School of Mines.

I have heard a few people who have said that they are good to keep, but I have seen more people who have had a tank be totally destroyed by them. If you want you can PM bifferwine about it. She had to take down her 240 because of them I believe. What is even scarier is that she boiled her rock after taking it down and some still survived!!!

So ya, they are easy to take care of, but that will be all you are taking care of after awhile. I would get out your guns out and go after them like a bat out of hell.

Also where are you getting your PHD? Im just about finished getting my bachelors in Biochemical and Chemical engineering from Colorado School of Mines.

UGH I just found a picture it is 100% aiptasia I am marching myself right into that LFS and making them apologize. This is not the first time they have lied to me, I am not happy. Greedy unpassionate money grubbing jerks. I am going to take the rock out and burn the aiptasia with a butane torch. What really erks my tater is that I have clams growing in the piece of live rock which more than likely will not survive this.

Next year I will be attending Cornell School of Engineering (School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering - School of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering - Cornell Engineering) provided that everything falls into place. I am still unsure of exactly what I want to do, I may go into mathematics because I have an equal love for the field. As someone who has their bachelors, you should know how quickly plans can change :p Lucky for me, I have the opportunity to wait another year to fully decide because Cornell offers both of my interests. I have applied to three of the schools at Cornell. Its great because I live in Binghamton, which is not quite an hour drive so I don't have to move (and can has getting maor fish tanks!). I currently go here: Binghamton University - Home which is a great school. It seemed like a long road at first (I started at community college) but as I am getting closer I finally see a speck of light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to finalize my plans for which school at Cornell I want to go to. What are your plans for your masters and are you planning on continuing with BC Engineering or opting out for another branch of the field? <3 Engineering <3

Okay I am changing my plan. This looks way more awesomer. I has a sad for teh aiptasia they are doomed doomed doomed!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FIDieKNSyA]Aptasia Attack - YouTube[/ame]

But those arent aiptasia, those are manjo nems and I dont know of any predator for them that we have access to.

Also, I applied to vet school, so if all goes well I will be starting vet school next fall. Although I like the concepts behind chemical engineering, the practical aspects of working as a chemical engineer dont really interest me.

But those arent aiptasia, those are manjo nems and I dont know of any predator for them that we have access to.

Also, I applied to vet school, so if all goes well I will be starting vet school next fall. Although I like the concepts behind chemical engineering, the practical aspects of working as a chemical engineer dont really interest me.

Gah I am going to put the rock in isolation and do this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3NZXjxZaqo&feature=related]Aiptasia - YouTube[/ame]

Vet school that's awesome! My cousin just finished vet school last year, she said it was pretty hard but so rewarding. Congrats and best of luck in your endeavor!

Thank you! I cant wait to hear if I got in or not.

And thats the best way to take care of them! I would do it sooner rather than later so they dont keep wandering around your tank like you have mentioned.

Thank you! I cant wait to hear if I got in or not.

And thats the best way to take care of them! I would do it sooner rather than later so they dont keep wandering around your tank like you have mentioned.

I will do it tonight. I'll take some pics or video for enjoyment purposes, serves the little buggers right! HA! :bounce:

Back