New Tank, need help / ideas

felix27

Rockin Reefers!
picked up this 58 gal. oceanic tank and custom stand saturday morning for $150, now here is my dilema and where you guys come in, the tank has some nasty scratches and i have been looking at a replacing the tank with one that is reef ready, when done i would like to have the cabinet sit flush against a wall with nothing exposed, Oceanic shows a reef ready 70 gallon with the same footprint that is only 3 inches taller and it would fit, any suggestions as to a brand that would have a corner box and drain in the bottom would be great, the footprint is 36x18.5", any suggestions would be great, thanks guys

Attachments

• CIMG2013.jpg
    CIMG2013.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 316
  • CIMG2014.jpg
    CIMG2014.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 330
call oceanic it is going to be a custom tank i dont think you are going to find one off the shelf that will fit into that stand

dont think it would need to be a custom order, any tank that is 36x18 and 21-25" tall would fit, the main thing im looking at is getting one that is plumbed in the bottom left hand corner to go to a sump, hell i would buy one that isnt drilled as long as it would be possible to drill the bottom there, i just have no idea as far as aquarium builders and how each are built, would i be able to drill the oceanic tank that came with the stand? its 3/8" thick glass, no clue if the bottom is tempered or not though, or any chance of replacing the bottom with a piece of acrylic? this is what im trying to find out

Attachments

• CIMG2017.jpg
    CIMG2017.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 310
  • CIMG2018.jpg
    CIMG2018.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 322
Are the scratches soooo bad that you can't live with them? Hard to tee in the pictures, - unless that massive line is a scratch. Also with water the scratches won't be as visible.
If you have to replace the tank you could use the old one as a sump if you silicon a piece of glass over the hole.

Sorry I don't have suggestions about a tank replacement. :grumble:

talk to your LFS and see if they can build something for you, you can have the tank drilled as well as long as its not temerpered. You should be able to cut out a different area in the stand as well if the holes won't line up??

If not I prefer Aqua Aquariums he builds a great tank with polished edges, and is better priced then oceanic, oceanic is built by all glass (you will pay for there name)

Back