New Tank, New Video

NMay

Reefing newb
Hey,

Got a 350 litre tank here and only had it setup for like 30 hours. (purchased a complete setup off of ebay - water, fish, tank and the equipment)

Fish are doing great, tank needs a bit more water though which I'll sort this weekend.

Also out of no where I found a random starfish this morning which is in the video below as well as some of the rest of the tank.

I plan to move the rock about tonight as we had to dump it all in when we got the tank as the fishes water was getting a bit cold and they started looking a bit worse for wear during the tank movement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEYERFmKd3c]YouTube - 75 Gallon Tank Just Setup[/ame]

What kind of equipment did you get with the system? Lighting, filtration, etc....
Do you know what the redish velvety looking stuff is on a few of the rocks?

You may or may not know, but those 3 tangs you have, the sailfin, blue hippo and yellow, won't get along in that small of a tank. I saw some aggression and it will only get worse.

Good luck tho, and ask questions if you have any. :)

Hi, I've got an external filter, protein skimmer, some powerheads which I will be putting in tonight, got some arcadia lighting basically the whole kit he'd been running the tank with for 3 years (with upgrades along the way).

The fish actually seem to get along quite well. The Yellow and Sail Fin swim around a lot together and the Regal who is quite a reserved character joins in with a nice little swim around.

I've not seen much fighting, think feeding time they just get a little bit excitable. Am getting used to the right amount to put in as well so any tips there would be appreciated!

Back