New Tank!!!

SeaBee

Ha Ha Thats Funny!
Well, not for me, a freind is getting a new 75 it looks like-soup to nuts. Trying to figure out some stuff for him. Overflow or reef-ready for one. Next is a sump, he likes the ETS sumps that come with a skimmer, like $300. Also looking for a light for him, T-5 HO with a hinge to lift it up? I never saw one, maybe you guys might know. Anyway, he's appointed me tank helper setter upper so I need some input. He used to have a Red Sea Max 28 gallon but the algea took over the corals and he gave it all away, that's right, he GAVE it away. So like a year later he wants one after seeing my awesome reef. I told him and showed him my sump set up and told him that's all he really needs to get rid of the algae, not all that mechanical stuff in the RS Max. Anyway, your thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks all.

suggest him some books to read, for the lights the only thing with hinges and its not even on the lights is a get a canopy with reto fits install into it. not sure of the ets sumps no experience with them. have a link? built in overflow is always better in my opinion and looks better. as far as lights and eqipment. if you order online i can try and match or beat pricing on equipment.

That sump set-up is pretty neat with the Skimmer built in like that. Very neat and tidy. It will be interesting to see if it does a good job skimming or not.

That sump set-up is pretty neat with the Skimmer built in like that. Very neat and tidy. It will be interesting to see if it does a good job skimming or not.

I agree sump looks cool but that skimmer does not look all that impressive but who knows it might work out ok with the 75 gal

Lot of money for something you could make out of a 20L or even a 29G tank and a few pieces of glass.

You could throw a $350 skimmer in there and have a cheaper sump with a better skimmer. I'd probably throw a $150-$200 skimmer in there and buy some coral or nice pumps with the excess cash.

Looks like a fun project though. Setting up a new tank is always exciting.

Tank is coming tomorow, light and sump on Thursday. This is my friends tank, so I can't control what he buys. I would rather build a sump and all but he likes turn-key stuff, and it's up to him anyway.

No day off here, it's cold and people need heat. I have to help this guy out tonight with this tank!!! I'm starting early special just for him so we have some quality tank time!

Ok, tank and stand in the house. Waiting on the sump to come in, should be a few days. Will post pics once we add the water and get it sloshing around in there...

photo.jpg

Empty tank on stand, maybe some water and sand later on today! Not a great photo, taken with iPhone (no flash!) Better pics to come!

Last edited:
Picture quality dont matter all that much.As long as the pic gets posted :D

SeaBee,you gonna take payment in corals for gettin the heat back on? :mrgreen:

That tank looks great, but you're gonna have to move that family portrait. It interferes with the viewing of the tank! :lol: :mrgreen:

Just keep SeaBee away or the whole damn thing will shift and rinse the sand before you put it in....What a mess I hope to see the back of the tank in another day or two and the cheep skimmer I put in is doing as well as the one in the RSM.

Back