New To Forum, Meet my Tanks

SAMMY

Reefing newb
Hi everybody. As my friend from the Topic bellow, I'm from Puerto Rico too and came here invited by Rigosharon. I've been in the addiction for 1 year tough and hope to continue this for a long time. So I have a 16G acrylic tank made by me and a 20L AGA tank as a fuge.
Specs:
150W Sunpod 14K
18W Coralife Aqualigh
SeaClone 150 Protein Skimmer
Koralia 1
2 Resun 3800 Pumps for return

4-10.jpg

20.jpg

16-3.jpg

22.jpg

4-11.jpg

11-8.jpg

5-11.jpg

6-10.jpg

11-9.jpg

Ricordea.jpg

Frogspawn.jpg

10-11.jpg

28.jpg

Wow,another Puerto Rican in the house.Your tank looks really sweet.I like the ricordeas.I see you have the over demanding sun corals too.

Welcome to the site!

hey sam!!. good to have you aboard...welcome..i hope you enjoy the site..20reefer is around too...your tank is awsome!!..have fun!!

WOW! Amazing pictures! You Puerto Ricans have the NICEST tanks around! I love the ricordias too, they're one of my favorites. Welcome to the site!

Sorry fr the late response... I'm moving from my apartment and didn't have internet access. So this is a good explanation to upgrade to a bigger tank. I have a 40Breeder waiting to be filled! I can't wait! I hope this sunday is up and running. Thanks all for the compliments

Welcome to the site :) Those pics are great, you should enter one into the photo of the month contest :D

you should replace the seaclone though they suck
also its a graet tank but dont all your fish fight because i have 2 fish in my 30 and they try to kill each other

Thanks for the comments. Well the sea clones has made a great job. Actually I don't know why people hates it so much... Mine pulls lots of dirt daily. I have to clean the collection cup every 4 days and its pure waste. So far I took down the tank because i moved from my apartment and now everything is in a 40 Breeder. Bought a new protein skimmer because the sea clone was very high and now i have a ps75 (yeah lots of people hates it too) looks like i'm the defender of the cheapos :lol: well i'll show some new pics f the tank. I'm still a little lost in the forum. I think i;m going to star a new thread for the 40Br. Is there a place for this kind of threads? Thanks

hy sammy...you can post your new pics on the tank showcase..there you can post pics on your thread of your tank progress...ill be great to see your 40 breeder there.. need help just pm me!!

This is my opinion -- you think the SeaClone is doing a good job until you put in a better skimmer and see how much more gunk is being pulled out. If you have to empty your cup every 4 days with the SeaClone, you'd be emptying it at least once a day with a better skimmer! You really don't realize how bad they suck until you use a better one.

That makes sense. Just because it's working, doesn't mean it's working WELL. I want to upgrade my skimmer too.

Back