New to Marine Aquaria

DAvis

Reefer Madness
I am the proud new owner of a JBJ 28 g NanoCube CF. I am very interested in setting this up as a mini reef. I am patient, and know that that is necessary to the extreme in setting up a successful tank! I have always kept and bred tropical fish (love my kribs!), but never wanted to do marine because of the damage collection has done to reefs and it's inhabitants.

Now I realize that many types of live rocks and corals are aquacultured, and several reef fish are tank-bred and reared. It is my goal to set up a marine aquarium with all tank raised and aquacultured items! I will also need the help of this forum to help me on my way!
Thank you all in advance for your help!
Sincerely,
DAvis

Thanks for the Welcome! :helm2:I want to be a P.E.T.C. member!:helm2:

Making your own live rock? So much to learn!

Tank is full of freshwater, checking the system for a few days. Power heads a little noisy.:shock:

Welcome to the site and the hobby Davis.
Just type the P.E.T.C logo in your sig,and your there my friend:D

Welcome to the group! Now remember, your on a strict probation for the next 3 months, if he hear any news of you going to red lobster in that time, we will be revoking you "good standing" status :squint:

:mrgreen:

DAvis you'll need to copy and paste the correct logo in one of our signatures to your signature. There are many of us now, we grow stronger every day. WELCOME again. :helm2::helm2::helm2::helm2::helm2::helm2:

Welcome to the group! Now remember, your on a strict probation for the next 3 months, if he hear any news of you going to red lobster in that time, we will be revoking you "good standing" status :squint:

:mrgreen:

Just dont go when they have those all you can eat crab legs.......mmmmmmm crab legs tastey

You could always join P.E.T.C... people eating tastey crabs...... mmmmmmm crab cakes mmmmmmm

I am the founding and only :grumble:member of that but it was taken out of my signature in order to promote a worthwhile cause. So click that link and tell you people to outlaw shark finning!!!! Sometimes you have to get along with your enemies to take on a bigger cause:mrgreen:

True I was also a member of PETA (the good one not the crazy one that will attack you if you have a faux fur coat on or something like that) but decided to specialize my major so I joined PETS people eating tastey seafood. But once again went more specialized

Brian

how many posts do we have to make befor someone comes in with a "muck-muck" comment because I'm pretty sure we could keep going :lol:

It's all my fault! I have now started my own splinter group using an unauthorized, unapproved logo (sorry dcantucson!!). But it's lonely out here and I want to come back to the fold, or, I guess, shell!

What if I accidentally go to Red Lobster, and my wife gets the crab (:helm2:) but I get the sirloin? Am I guilty by association? I must know these things before I proceed!

Thanks ALL for the grand welcome!

I always figured it was pretty dang ethical to have a nice crab cake supper:D
Or boiled crab,I figured as long as it was good,it was ethical:mrgreen:

Back