New to reefing

Ashlee

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I'm Ashlee, 23, live in New Jersey and go to Rutgers University. I just recently determined that I am fascinated by salt water fish and would definitely like to start up a reef tank in the future. I have no room to set up a tank where I am now, but I plan on moving soon, and hopefully I can start one up shortly after. For now I plan on researching all I can so when the time comes I know all I need to know. Probably won't post much as I know nothing, but I will for sure be lurking a lot because you guys have such great information.

Welcome Ashlee, you'll be posting in no time. John our super-moderator has posted tons of articles and that would be a great place to learn as much as possible. Anyways welcome to the reef we are happy you are here. Post any questions that you have.

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks Ryan for letting me know about the articles, I'm going to get started reading them.

Hi Ashlee, this is kinda funny but I live in North Brunswick and my gf goes to Rutgers in the grad program. If you like looking at fish and corals there is a great store in Hamilton called Allquatics. It would prob be about a 40 min drive for you from the University, but they have a lot of nice displays and the one owner Carlo is great and would answer all your questions. Also there is a great website for people from NJ. It is The New Jersey Reefers Club - Home

Welcome To The Reef. I Am Also From New Jersey (south) Hope You Enjoy The Site As Much As The Rest Of Us !!! Good Luck To You !

Welcome. Please ask as many questions as you like. We love answering anything you may have.

-Doc

Welcome to the reef Ashlee! You've come to the right place if you wanna learn. I'm new too...don't be afraid to ask questions these ppl are awesome. Have fun!

Back