New to reefing

mellowchef87

Reefing newb
So... I have had a FOWLR tank set up for a few months, and I have wanted to get an anenome for my clown to host with. After much regret, I have finally accepted that my tank is not established enough for one. I have a 10g tank right now. My filter has a built in flow nozzle, which acts like a powerhead that I can move 180 degrees. I know I will probably need to get a powerhead, but, on to my real questions. I think I want to put some coral in , and I want some that look cool, arent too hard to care for (as I am a beginner) and have the possibility for my clown to host in. Didnt know where to start there. Also I have the little hood that came with the tank, with 6 little LEDs. I want to upgrade my lighting, I got a screen cover today for when I do. What lighting would be good for my 10g? I have looked at places like Petsmart, but they really only have freshwater lighting. Nothing reef grade. Also, what it the difference between t5 and t8 lights? The few reef capable bulbs I have seen are all t8. Sorry about the long post, and thanks for the help.

Odyssea T5s are pretty much the best for a 10 gallon if you don't want to invest in LED's. Otherwise, a PAR38 bulb or any of the good LED fixtures would work. Untiill then, you're kinda SOL. When you do get new lights, you could have any softie (polyps of any sort, mushrooms, leathers, etc...) and LPS (Euphyllia, Plerogyra, brains, etc...) SPS would be the next step after you get your tank a little more matture as they like cleaner water. SPS is bbasically anything that ends in -pora or -phora.

Back