New to Saltwater

OK will do, a few more questions. My rocks that are growing into live rock have now changed from the red sploches to brown :grumble:, there are a few red/pink sploches left but very few, why? I am also wondering the best cleaner crew setup for my 35 galon tank, how many snails crabs etc and what I should be getting as far as inverts. Also I have a friend who had some Turbo snails, and he gave me one small snail, but he stays at the very top of the tank, and doesnt seem to want to come down, I have never seen this before...why? The pepermint shrimp he also gave me is doing Very well and is very happy, going all over the tank. thanks!

Sounds like its probably diatoms thats covering your rock.Thats normal and to be expected.They eventually go away on their own.
For the CUC.Work them the same as adding fish,slowly.Start with 3 or 4 trochus snails,maybe 5 or 6 nassarius snails,3 or 4 cerith snails and 3 or 4 asteria snails.Also at least one star,either a serpent or brittle star and a couple of shrimp.Pepperments,fire shrimp,and cleaner shrimp,so just pick the ones you like.
Stay away from camel shrimp.

OK so it has been a while since I have posted....everything seems to be going well. One question, my sand is covered in brown stuff, diatoms I guess, and I made a curious discovery today. The sand in one area is white on top, it looks as if a lego man sized grenade went off, there is a hole and the sand is piled around it. All that is in the tank is the 3 damsels, 3 turbo snails, 1 pep Shrimp and the Em. Crab.... What would cause this. It looks ver similar to what happens when you pour water into a new tank, without a plate to re-direct the water and the sand is pushed up and there is a hole, only this hole has sharp edges, as if my crab dug it with a shovel lol....help?

Hmm no idea. But I highly doubt it's anything to worry about. It could be where your water flow is causing some disturbance in the substrate, or one of the animals is hanging out.

Back