new to saltwater

que

Reefing newb
20gal,two fish 20 pounds of live rock,ph8.2,ammonia 0, nitrates 0,nitrites 0,salinity 1.024, setup for 3 months.blue damsel, yellowtail damsel,

anyone tried the vodka method, for nitrates..... well it's works i went from 80... to maybe 10 with a waterchange but i did the medthod about 2 weeks before the waterchange

Hello and Welcome!

Vodka dosing is really dangerous, its super easy to crash your tank using that method. Plus there are many better ways to reduce nitrates.

Are you using tap water? How much are you feeding? What are you feeding? Are you using a canister filter?

Hello and Welcome!

Vodka dosing is really dangerous, its super easy to crash your tank using that method. Plus there are many better ways to reduce nitrates.

Are you using tap water? How much are you feeding? What are you feeding? Are you using a canister filter?

no canister,and i heard alot of the nitrate reducers don't work.just thought i'd ask to see, thanks for the info. guess i'll be making a online order after all thanks

Its actually a good thing if you dont have a canister, they tend to cause nitrate problems.

What about the foods and do you have a skimmer? How often are you doing water changes?

waterchanges not alot because it's still a new tank,waiting on my skimmer,i need more filtration,also,and food sprunila flakes,yes canisters hold nitrates in . and also gotta clen my filter, but i used it from a established tank for cycling.i have knowledge. just new to saltwater. but i do alot of homework

Back