New to softies

mmfrock

Reefing newb
Hi everyone,

I am doing my 29 gallon in all soft corals. I previously did a 90 gallon with LPS corals. Most of the principles seem the same however I still have some questions that i just want your answers to valiadate what i am thinking. I just got two new corals: a lemon tree coral and a neon green nepthea.

1. Put the new corals in the bottom of the tank and slowly acclimate them up to the mid-top where theyre supposed to be.

2. And what kind of food and how often do you feed your corals? There are so many brands of phyto and zoo plantkton, im just looking for the best/most liked product.

Thank you!!

I cant think of a single soft coral that needs to be fed, most dont even have mouths. They like the water a little dirtier and they are the toughest of all the corals, most are impossible to kill.

Enjoy the tank! Softies are super easy to care for, which is always a plus.

Thanks little_fish...yea I figured they'd be hearty and easy, i knew that if i could do lps with so much success, softies would be a breeze. I just didnt know that I dont really have to feed them! Awesome, less products to buy=more money for me!

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Should i run carbon all the time or just every now and then? DOesn't carbon remove trace elements?

Back