New to the Game

At least the kid did the smart thing and referred you to someone with knowledge than just giving you poor info, one way to look at it

At least the kid did the smart thing and referred you to someone with knowledge than just giving you poor info, one way to look at it
I agree with you Ryan. I like to go to stores lke Petco as I can get good prices on few differnt ites that are expensive to ship. Like sand and tanks. I do not expect any but possibly the supervisors to know much. For real advice I go to major reef sites. No offense to any one contributing to this site, bit this site does not get contributed to by the likes of Calfro,Tyree Joshi or Riddle who are paid to research marine aquarium issues and are widely known for their expertise and more technical advice. So in short just do not expect LFS people to have much information of much worth to provide an experienced reefer or some mployees to provide even basic information. They are just paid to bag em and tag em.

I'm starting to check prices for tanks as I'm leaning towards gettting an 120 AGA and drilling myself.

Is $430 a fair price for a 48 x 24 x 24 ?

Not really you should be able to get one for a lot less.I can get 125s(72x12x18) for about 275 in Buffalo. $430 a little steep IMO

That is not much cheaper than in Alaska. A 120 reef ready is about $525 at Petco at the moment here in Alaska. I would think $325 or less would be a good price down there.

I'm thinking the bonehead in the store looked up the wrong model. The print on the sheet for the different models was so small I could barely read it myself.

Back