New to the hobby.

Very nice! You can actually like the picture into your post by clicking the picture button and copy and pasting in the direct link.

But funny story, when i first saw your post, i though you had a put a frog in a saltwater tank. And i was kinda excited thinking it might actually be a saltwater frog and afraid you had stuck something in there that would die. And then i realize, it was a frog spawn :)

While doing a water change last night I tried to suck up some the crushed coral bed but its to big and won't siphon out. I need a new plan any suggestions?

I know this is not a build thread but I thought I would post an updated shot of my tank. Changed the rock around a little and added a few more lbs.

So here is the most recent pic. I am done with rock now and I am moving on to stocking the tank. My clownfish is gone disappeared about 5 days ago and no sign. All that is left for fish is my blenny. I would like to get a couple of new clownfish to pair up. Which kind would be best?

mtkid6-albums-37-tank-picture1004-3-5-11.jpg

Last edited:
I think just about any clown will do fine and pair up in your tank. But i would stay way from the maroons if you want to add another fish after the clowns, or add them very last.

Sad but good day I guess. My blenny has now died. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I took some water to the lfs and turns out my test kit is not good and my nitrates are at 40+. I have been testing and my kit was saying zero. Since there are no fish left just a couple shrimp and my cuc I am going to be making the complete switch to sand over crushed coral. My lfs guy is going to keep my corals and my shrimp there until I get things sorted back out. I am also going to set an overflow with a sump I believe.

I am completly open to suggestions from the seasoned vets out there. This part of the hobby really sucks!! I am going to try and get it set up right this time. I feel like I know alot more this go around.

Just stock slowly after you make the switch and i think you already have a very good idea about what will work and what wont for your fish and your system.

Back