New to the Reef World

kmckienz

Reefing newb
Hello,

I too, was directed to introduce myself so here I am. :mrgreen:

Let's see, I am 32, 5'6" , slender, train Dressage horses and German Shepherds, own a farm, work for an IT company, and am single.

Oh wait....you meant to introduce myself in relation to FISH!

Well in that case, I have had an assortment of freshwater tanks all of my life at varying times. Never anything bigger than a 10 gallon. This will be my first saltwater tank and I am already addicted and thinking about my future 210 gallon built into the wall of my future (when I win the lottery) home.

For now though, I have a small mobile home on my land so a 46 gallon will have to suffice. I just set it up a month ago. I currently have both live and artificial rock in the tank. The artificial will be replaced with live soon. It cycled quickly and well which I personally think is because I have a well that is tapped into the Zephyrhills aquifer (sp?). You know, as in the same spring they use to bottle Zephyrhills water.

So, I did not go crazy on buying crabs. I have 4 scarlets, 4 blue leg, and 2 snails. Just this week after being given mis-information I thought that Mandarin Gobies (dragonets) were bottom/algae eaters. So logically I thought I was doing the right thing to build the tank from bottom/docile up. So, now I am working to feed my unnamed Goby, have copepods in the tanks, supped him with brine shrimp and have an order of copepods on it's way to me. I plan on this being a quiet tank as I am crazy and want to 'adopt' a bred pair of mustangs in the future. I also have one rock anemone that hitch hiked in on one of the live rocks and bought a coral this week that now I can't remember the name of (kind of looks likea bubble coral with stalks)

I am sure I am going to have some "victims" along the way in my learning process but hopefully by being here I can keep them to a minimum.

So, that's me in a nutshell. :bounce:

welcome my name is JuanCarlos or JC eighter way dont be shy and ask anything i myself am also a neewbiy to the SW community :bounce:

this is a very friendly and helpfull place (you may have already known that):Cheers:

Welcome to the reef.
Ask any questions you come up with,somebody will have the answer.
Cant quiet figure out how your gonna get mustangs to fit in a 46 gallon tank though.:mrgreen:

Welcome to Living Reefs! You didn't say if you were a male or a female. Not that it matters, just makes it easier to pick on you like we do to Biff.

Hi and welcome! If your mandarin is eating frozen food, you're in luck. Unfortunately, most of them will only eat live foods and slowly starve to death in our tanks.

Feel free to post any questions that you have.

Hello Kathy,

Thanks for introducing yourself and the eHarmony post...haha. Well anyways welcome to the reef, The Home of the Finest Smartasses youll find on the net and are very helpful and friendly.

Back